𝗏𝗂. 𝗂 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗌𝗈 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗇𝖺𝗄𝖾𝖽

CHAPTER SIX (   𝖨 𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖲𝗈 𝖬𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝖡𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖭𝖺𝗄𝖾𝖽   )

CHAPTER SIX
( 𝖨 𝖫𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖲𝗈 𝖬𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝖡𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖶𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖭𝖺𝗄𝖾𝖽 )

     While Madelaine was walking over to the whiteboard in the main hallway to see the surgeries and procedures that are going on today, she ended up seeing Jackson standing next to Meredith, and Webber writing on the board.

      "Uh, excuse me, sir? You're taking Dr. Bailey's Whipple?" Jackson asked Webber.

      "Is that a problem?" Webber asked him.

      "No. Not at all." Jackson defended. "No, me and Madelaine, we're just the Residents on the case. I'm— We're thrilled to be assisting you. We will be assisting you, right?" Jackson asked.

      "You guys can open and close. That way, Dr. Grey will be fresh when she dissects the neck of the Pancreas from the portal vein." Webber informed them.

       "That's the hardest part." Meredith says as Madelaine furrowed her brows.

       "That's a fifth year procedure." Madelaine whispered to herself and Jackson knowing that Webber and Meredith weren't really listening.

       "It's what we've been practicing. And I'm telling you, you're ready. But, if you don't think you're ready..." Webber said to her, while lifting up his arm to erase Meredith's name from the board.

      "No, I'm ready. I'm ready." Meredith reassured Webber, as he then stopped erasing her name.

       That was when Jackson and Madelaine finally made eye contact with each other, sharing confused looks about what was going on between Webber and Meredith but then shrugged their shoulders knowing that whatever it was, they'd rather not know.

•••

     Madelaine, Jackson, and Meredith sit along Alex and Cristina in the morgue, eating their lunches, while Meredith works on a corpse, going through the Whipple procedure.

      "What are you talking about?" Alex asked.

      "She's on this thing—" Meredith starts to say, but Cristina interrupts her.

      "Okay, if you had to choose between the thing you love, surgery, and the person you love, which would you choose?" Cristina asked them.