( 𝐱𝐥𝐯𝐢.)

▬▬ι══════༻❁༺══════ι▬▬

DRINIAN AND HIS MEN filter into the town square one by one, donned in hooded blue robes to hide among the buyers. From my perch upon the bordering wall, I can see the governor lounging on his golden throne below and the traders as they line up the chained slaves like meat for sale at a market.

When I returned with news of their capture, Drinian called for immediate backup from the crew aboard the Dawn Treader, then began framing a plan. He and a handful of other men would hide amongst the slave buyers during the auction while the rest of the crew snuck around Narrowhaven dispatching any pirates or traders they encountered. When Edmund and Caspian are taken from their cell, they'll attack the traders in the square and create the distraction they need to free themselves.

Everyone is in place, and with the auction starting any second now, all we're waiting for is Edmund and Caspian to put our rescue into motion.

"Good afternoon," one of the traders announces to the crowd. "Governor Gumpas would like to thank you all for your support today; your purchases continue to keep the Islands prosperous and rich for years to come."

"Here here!" The buyers cheer and applaud themselves heartily.

"We'll now start the bidding with this strapping young man." At his request, the first slave is brought forth onto a wooden pedestal and the bidding commences.

"Thirty!"

"I've got thirty-five!"

"Thirty-five! Anyone for forty?"

"Aye, forty here!"

"Fifty!"

The auction goes on, money passed around and slaves moving between owners until Lucy is dragged forward as the next sale.

"This one's a pretty lass," the trader grins, urging her onto the wooden pedestal like a prize goat. "We'll start her off at fifty."

"Here!"

"I bid sixty!"

My heart starts to pound furiously. Those men are looking at her with something awful in their eyes. They haven't looked at any of the boys like that, and I'm not blind as to the reason why. Already, the bidding is high and only climbing still.

"One-hundred for the little lady!"

"One-hundred and twenty!"

"One-hundred and fifty!"

Silence fills the square.

"Any more bids?" When he receives no response, the trader places a 'sold' sign around Lucy's neck and pushes her off the pedestal for Eustace to take her place. That's when I feel a pull from Edmund. I can't mistake it for anything else — they're finally being taken from the dungeon.