( 𝐢𝐢𝐢.)

▬▬ι══════༻❁༺══════ι▬▬

CASPIAN LOOKS so completely lost I almost feel bad.

Almost.

I think it was quite obviously implied by Professor Cornelius that the horn of the Old Queen Susan has magic. And if he didn't use the blasted thing to knock me unconscious I would have told him so before he blew it without a second thought.

"I thought I was in danger," Caspian says defensively. "Is that not what it's for?"

"This," Trufflehunter says, gazing down at the item in awe, "is believed to have the power to summon the Old Kings and Queens."

"And you blew it the moment you saw a blasted dwarf," I mutter, earning myself a sharp frown from him.

"He had a sword," the prince argued, waving a hand at the dwarf sitting on the other side of the table. "How was I to know he wouldn't kill me?"

Nikabrik scoffed. "I was," he muttered.

"No matter," the badger interjects, fixing his friend with a pointed look before turning back to Caspian. "I assume we will need all the help we can get in the coming battle."

The prince nods. "Yes," he agrees. "How do you propose we gather the others?"

"The horn," he replies. "All Narnians know its call. A council will be held at Dancing Lawn tonight. Although, the sound only travels so far. Not much past the edges of the wood, I presume. Definitely not across the river. Word will travel — not as quickly as it used to, but we must hope it's enough."

I know his gaze will fall on me even before it does.

"Sef–"

Immediately, I protest. "Caspian–"

"Sefi, they have been waiting for this just as you have. They need to know their days of hiding are over, and there is a battle to be fought. Someone must tell them."

"I'm supposed to protect you," I argue. "Cornelius asked me to. You need to survive so you can save us like you promised."

Caspian sets his jaw with a sigh. "That is an order, Arryn. I'm sorry; I need you to do this."

Trufflehunter rests his paw on my hand, offering me a smile. "We will protect him."

I return the smile gratefully, realizing how lucky we are to have befriended such a kind soul. "And I'll keep an eye out for your friend."

━━━༻❁༺━━━

The day is clear and bright, the winds strong enough to carry me to the edges of Narnia and back. It is a perfect, beautiful day for flying. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury of enjoying it.