6. 𝓢𝓮𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

(Listen to the song for full experience)

Dhwani and Veer were standing in the garden infront of the Singhania mansion.

The night was chilly and Dhwani was slightly shivering. She pulled her pallu over her body to cover herself.

Veer was sitting on the swing in the garden doing something on his laptop while Dhwani was looking at the small fishes on the fountain.
She came towards him,and kept his laptop away then layed down in his arms. She cocooned herself inside his sturdy hands , using his chest as a pillow.
"Hello to you to" he smiled looking down at the love of his life.
She grinned back at him.
"May I ask you what you are doing?"
"It's cold "she stated the obvious
He raised an eyebrow as to say so?
"Why use a blanket when you are warm enough for both of us? "

Veer had a bunch of papers in his hand.
Both of them knew what they were but kept mum hoping this would all turn out to be a bad dream. Because they knew the seriousness of what they were doing.

Veer, this is not going to work. I need a divorce. " Said the woman after controlling her emotions. Her eyes betraying her as tears flowed down. But still she held her head high looking at the person who was supposed to be her husband.

"Dhwani , please don't do something you will regret. " The said man scoffed , shaking his head in remorse.

"You should have gave me that advice the day I said yes to this marriage. "

"I'm ready. " Veer said.
"These are the papers.
The sign is the only part that is left." His voice barely a whisper.

"Dhwani I don't want to regret this. Do you really want to do this?" He asked her honestly.

Please say no his mind screamed.

"Yes. "The woman said determined.
She would never give up her self respect and grovel beneath the feet of her husband, begging for forgiveness like the heroines of daily soap.

Why me? Out of all the other women why me Veer?

Because you were the only women who had the guts to look into this remorseless bastards eyes and see me for who I am.
You are my better half love. You always were.

"Of course." I said nodding my head in understanding.

I handed her the papers.

Dhwani signed the papers by the small table in the garden.

We looked into each others eyes. Dhwani nodded at me.

How could you do this to me.
How could you even think I did it.

I signed the papers while trying to keep my emotions at bay.

"This is for the best. To both of us" Dhwani whispered through teary eyes.

"I know"

"Can I hug you. Just for one last time?" Veer said , his voice breaking.

Dhwani rushed into his arms and they held each other tight , breathing in the calming scents of one another that had somehow become home.

You smell like spices and freshly bloomed rose.
And you smell like my world.

We moved away just to crash our lips into each other. They poured every emotion they were feeling into it.

Regret. I should have.....
Pain. No please. Tell me you are lying. ....
Apology. I'm sorry. I really am.
Pride. I promise you on my women hood. ....
Ego. All of you are the same. Untrustworthy. ....
Passion. I love you Mr Singhania. I love you more Mrs Singhania.

Dhwani's hands were hooked behind his necks as their lips moulded into one. It was rough and sweet at the same time. The broken hearts were searching for something , anything to see if they could mend each other. Veer's hands were running all over his wife memorising each and every curves.

You are beautiful.
She blushed under his gaze.

They didn't want this to end. They were afraid of what was coming next. This was so familiar. Their lips on each other , hands roaming over their body. Dhwani pulled veer more closer if that was possible. They didn't care if it was lust or love. All they knew was , their body and heart wanted them to be together at this moment.

He smeared red colour on her milky white waist which was peaking from behind her saree. She shuddered.
He pinned her to the wall and whispered in her ears. "Happy Holi,love "

Breathless they broke apart.
Silent tears were flowing out of her Kohl black eyes.

God just shut up. Please.

She pushed him away and ran , not bothering to look back. Not even once.

I have proof right here in my hands. How can you deny that?

I gave you my trust my respect my love and still you don't believe me?

I'm really sorry Mrs Singhania. I don't know how to tell you.....

She had taken her stand and she was going to die by it.
He made a mistake and he was going to die with it.

She went to their room and slammed the washroom door shut. Then she cried for all the things lost and all the things that were going to be.

He just knelt their on the grass head down not knowing what to do.
The Veer Singhania who have never seen failure was bowing before a woman. His woman

Look who's here with a double update!!
You know I always get so happy and excited when my favourite authors give double updates. I hope atleast some of you feel that way.
So how's the chapter?
I tried to make it authentic as possible. As for the memories in between the conversation, that's literally how memories work.
Do comment. I really need some positive thoughts right now 🤭
Good morning/night

With love
Aswa_maya
"So it's true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love."