𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟎.𝟑

Standing on the podium, accepting his PhD, Rehan's eyes searched for his woman in the audience

He knew she wouldn't be there yet he couldn't stop himself.

Rehan Singhania would forever search for Arya Singhania in every crowd.

His whole family was there. All their faces reflected the pride they felt seeing him there and as he made his way towards them he felt content in knowing that he was the reason for the smiles adorning their faces.

Bhabhi was the first person to come forward and hug him.

"I am so proud of you. " She exclaimed with happiness.

Papa and Veer bhaiya were smiling. They didn't have to say anything, their eyes told them all.

"Congrats chottu" Dhruv said messing his hair. Mahika was too preoccupied with making 2 year old Dhruvika and Avantika sit still in one place.

As it was a week day Dheeraj had refused to take a leave from school. When boys his age craved for a leave , he would go to school anytime anyday  and he would be on cloud nine whenever a person bought him a book.

And like that one after the other everyone congratulated him.

"Okay okay enough of all that. It's picture time. " Karthik said prodding them all into one place.

A meek sound was heard behind them.

"Am I late?"

"No no you are just on time. " Bhabhi replied with a warm smile.

Arya turned towards Rehan with a sheepish smile.

"Congrats honey " she said hugging him.

"You are very late but I'm glad that you are here. " he whispered giving her a kiss back

*Click*

"Smile"
Karthik said from behind the camera as they turned towards the sound.

As the whole family came together to mark that day and that memory down in a snapshot Rehan was grateful for everything in his life.
Rehan gazed at his wife standing at his side and he smiled.

"Smile at the camera not at your wife bro " Karthik yelled teasing.

"Don't act too oversmart. We all know how you act around a special someone" I retorted. 

Everyone laughed knowingly.
Karthik blushed at the comment and decided to keep his mouth shut for now.

*

"Have you ever loved another girl before. Be completely honest. I won't judge. "

Arya asked curiously snuggling. We were lying on the bed and I was about to finish the book I was currently reading.
Arya loved when I told her about the things I read and currently I was reading a book on the psychology of love.

"Nope. I am not going to get myself killed." I put the book down and switched of the lamp.

"I swear I won't be mad. " She replied propping herself up on her arms.

"You sure? " I asked teasingly.

"Pakka. "

"Okay. I am telling you this only because you insist. There was only one. A girl with olive skin and brown eyes. "

She listened curiously and he decided to have some fun with it.

"Those eyes were what made me fall for her. After seeing her smile I knew I was done. No one can come close to that smile. "

For Arya , that was too much. He always told her that he loved her smile the most. She did not like someone competing with her on that.

"The first time I saw her she had tears lining those beautiful eyes and she was so broken that the look on her eyes broke a bit of me too. I tried so hard to find her again but I didn't know her name nor her address all I remembered was that smile. A smile that lit up my life."

Arya didn't know whether to feel sad for the girl or be jealous.

"You promised you wouldn't be jealous"

"I am not. " She sighed controlling the hurricane of emotions.

"Good " Rehan smirked.

"Who was she? " Arya asked through gritted teeth.

"Can I finish my story first ? "

"She was so broken that she was about to end her life but me being the wonderful soul I am -"

She scoffed

"Don't interrupt- talked her out of it. I told her nothing ever happens.."

"...Without a reason" she completed confused.

She was silent for a moment, the the truth hit her and her eyes started to fill with tears.

"Why didn't you tell me before you fucking idiot?" She yelled through her tears punching my shoulder.

"Hey" I whispered , taking her in my arms.

"Well you didn't ask and the past never really did matter to me when I had my present and future with you right here in my arms. "
Rehan replied with a dreamy smile.

So dreamy that Arya couldn't resist sealing her lips to his.

"I love you." She whispered against his breath.

"I know. " He replied wiping away her tears.

"Aren't you going to say I love you back. "
She gasped faking offence.

"Saying I love you back would mean I'm just agreeing with you. I don't want to agree with you. I want you to get lost in how much I love you that you forget yourself. "

Gosh she Loved this man.

"Really Mr Singhania ?" She said smirking.

"Really Mrs Singhania"

"So where do you want to go this year Sweetheart? "

"Nowhere. I want to be here with you. With our family. I want to come back home from the hospital with the promise of your kiss. I want to have your kids and I want to grow old with you"

"Wait really?" Rehan knew how much this meant for her. She was terrified of being a parent due to her traumas so he had never pressured her for it.

"Mmhmm"

"You sure?"

"One hundred per cent. Cause I just realised that you were the happily ever after I prayed for , all along. "

And that's a wrap. Wrote this after a long break that for a moment I thought I forgot how to write.

Thank you to all the love showered on this book by the new readers.
I love you guys. It might seem like I don't. But I do.

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. "