𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟎.𝟐

***

***

"I want ice cream. "

"Go back to sleep Mahi. "

"I said I want ice cream. " Mahi whined and switched on the bedside lamp.

Dhruv pressed the pillow more info his face sleepily.

"You don't love me anymore. " She pouted. Her eyes were about to overflow.

"I'm so sorry meri jaan. Which flavour do you want? " He asked getting up from the bed groggily.

"Butterscotch. " She replied happily all the tears vanishing.

"One min." He replied kissing her cheeks which made her smile a bit. Dhruv didn't bother to put on his shirt. He walked towards the kitchen still not fully awake.

He took the ramen from the top shelf and started boiling the noodle cake with the spices. Then he went towards the fridge, took the butterscotch icecream in a bowl and went towards the room.
Mahi took the bowl frm him greedily.
She ate one spoon enjoying it to the maximum and looked at him sheepishly.

"I think they want ramen now. " She said pointing to her swollen naked belly.

That's how she slept now. A crop top and a random Palazzo pant. In her words it was more comfortable that the maternity dresses and sarees she herself had bought. Dhruv couldn't care less. In his eyes she looked beautiful from every angle and in every outfit.

"Yeah I know." He said through a yawn.
How can he not ? This has become a habit for him from the last few months.

She motioned with her hands to pick her up which he did happily.
Walking towards the kitchen, Mahi stared at her Husband to her hearts content and when he placed her down gently at the kitchen counter , she pulled him into a kiss.

It was deep and passionate and more than love it reflected their desire for each other. Her hands found its way into his hair and pulled him in closer that now he was in between her legs. Dhruv's hands caressed her bare belly.

When they broke apart breathless, Mahi was flushed red with not a speck of regret for the sudden action. She gave him a cheeky grin.

"I'm still hungry"

"For what exactly Mrs Singhania" he asked smirking, both his dimples in show.

"Hmmm...." She acted confused
"For a hot bowl of noodles and for my hotter husband"

He chuckled at her response and handed her the ramen he had made.

Now completely awake , he took the time to stare at his gorgeous wife.
He was one lucky fellow even if it took him a long time in figuring that out. He regretted all those years he had wasted , all the love he had missed out on.

They had tried a hand again at being together. This time it worked. They had a long distance relationship for about a year and then decided to get hitched again.