32. 𝓓𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

"Hello" I chirped when I saw Rehan already in our room reading yet another book siting in his chair by his study table

Our room. It was the first time Arya could confidently say that about something. Atleast she was sure of one thing , he is her husband and she was grateful for that

" Hi " he replied without his usual happiness.

"You okay?" I asked puzzled. I kept my things on the bed and moved towards him.

"Yeah I'm fine. " He replied with a reassuring smile.

"Hey what happened?" I asked again not at all convinced.

" Nothing. It's nothing. " He said leaning down , pinching his nose bridge.

" It doesn't look like nothing. " I inquired again not ready to let go.

"Honestly yaar. Everything's okay. "

"Never lie to a doctor you idiot which means you can never ever lie to your wife aka me. "

He smiled a bit at that.

I was waiting for his normal retort but his request took me aback.

" Can I have a hug? "

I pulled him into my embrace without any reply. Some times gestures are all that is needed to do the talking.

His arms went around my waist and pulled me down to his lap. Arya knew this should have freaked her out but weirdly enough it didn't. She moved her fingers through his hair and whispered.

"Everything will be fine. I am here for you. Always. "

I could feel him relaxing in my arms his tense breath becoming calm.

"I came straight from work. "

"Hmm"

" I have to take a shower. "

"Hmm" he again mumbled.

"Rehan let me go " I said chuckling.

He let go but with

I stood up and moved towards the closet.

I could feel his presence as he followed me there.

Sweetheart I have heard one more thing. He said as I was searching for my nightdress.

I turned to him and raised my eyebrow

India is facing water scarcity no? So we shouldn't waste water. He smirked pulling me in closer.

Ha ha. Very funny. Now move.
I said pushing him away.
Which earned me a chuckle from him.

"Did you mood become bright this quickly? Just a moment before you were behaving like Devdas. "

" Actually a study has proven that a hug from the person you love the most in the world can heal anything. "

"Really?"