Chapter 5 - The Battle Rages On + Serena Return

A/N: This is my longest chapter so far. It could be quite fun, or it could make you rage quit. I strongly suggest you finish reading the whole chapter before you make the judgment.

This is also the first time I incorporate Ash's POV.

Thank you. Now enjoy the chapter!

--------------

"This battle will be Alain's Charizard versus Ash's Sirfetch'd," the judge said, "Let the battle begin!"

Ash knew his heavily injured Sirfetch'd would not be able to knock out Alain's ace, so what he wished was for him to deal as much damage as possible, "Charge in and use Brutal Swing!"

Sirfetch'd ran towards Charizard for a while before throwing his circular shield towards Charizard.

"Duck!" Alain pushed his right-hand forward.

"Meteor Assault!" Ash yelled, knowing that Charizard's movements would be limited by ducking under the flying shield.

"Dodge that one too!" Alain ordered.

Charizard ducked the shield attack, and Sirfetch'd's sword was just inches away. Charizard then immediately rolled aside to avoid the stabbing sword as well. Both Sirfetch's sword and shield were stuck in the wall.

Charizard found this opening. It quickly got up and kicked Sirfetch'd to send him to the other side of the battlefield, unarming the duck. Charizard followed up and charged at Sirfetch'd to deal him more damage.

"Dodge it!" Ash yelled.

But Ash's effort was futile, Sirfetch'd was too tired to dodge or block Charizard's attacks as he got brutally assaulted by Charizard's kicks and claw attacks continuously. After a short while, Charizard kicked Sirfetch'd back to his weapons. Sirfetch'd lied down on the ground, with swirls in his eyes.

"Sirfetch'd is unable to battle. Challenger Ash, please send out your next pokemon," the judge announced.

Ash recalled Sirfetch'd, "Thank you so much Sirfetch'd. You had done a very great job today by taking out the absurd Bisharp. You can take a good long rest."

He pointed at Charizard, "Pikachu, I choose you!"

"Pika!" Pikachu readied himself on the battlefield.

"It is time! Let's do this now!" Alain clenched his fists with Charizard.

---------------------

Ash's POV:

Looking at Alain's Charizard, I know it is one of the strongest pokemon I have ever faced in my entire trainer life. It is strong. It is fast. I have never beaten it before. This is going to be a tough battle for sure.

As much as I trust my partner Pikachu. I cannot help but fear looking at this fire dragon. It looks a lot scarier and more intimidating than when my Greninja battled it in the Kalos League. Maybe it has gotten a lot stronger...or maybe it's just me...that I don't want to lose the match...

After the judge called for the start of my Pikachu vs. Alain's Charizard, I almost feel fear taking over me when I tell my Pikachu to use Quick Attack.

Pikachu dashed to Charizard, but Charizard easily dodged his attack by moving its neck slightly. I told Pikachu to try it a few more times, but Charizard either dodged it or blocked it with its claws or wings.

How did it become so fast and responsive compared to back in Kalos League? I mean, Charizard was fast, but not this fast, not faster than Pikachu anyway. It was not even flying or attacking me. It was just...observing my movements?