Chapter 8 - Aura Ash-Greninja vs. Battle Mode Mega Charizard X!

Water vapor clouded the battlefield. Did Greninja takedown Charizard?

Standing next to Ash, Greninja seemed to have a new form. His entire torso was covered in faint blue aura energy, and the aura around his back looked like a pair of wings that allows Greninja to glide in the air. His water shuriken on his back seemed to be larger than in the Ash-Greninja form. But except for the energy-related changes, there were minimal changes to Ash-Greninja's appearance.

Ash's companions were surprised and glad to see Greninja sprouting a new form, Bonnie announced that this would be Aura Ash-Greninja. Looking at the aura output of Greninja, Ash, Lucario, and Greninja knew that he could not have achieved this form if Lucario did not share his aura energy with Greninja.

But as the water vapor slowly faded, Charizard was seen in a new form as well. Its entire body was covered in blue flames, its wings were larger and would keep glowing as if Steel Wing was constantly active. Its green dragon claws were also seemingly constantly active too.

Alain was glad that his Charizard had activated Battle Mode to deal with the golden water shuriken. He knew very well that Mega Charizard X could not have taken that attack back in XY without the directors' buff at the last second. He was more careful this time around, especially seeing Greninja's new form.

He pointed at the sky, "This place is too cramped. Let's bring the battle elsewhere."

Battle Mode Mega Charizard X flew up into the air at an immense speed. It was so fast that only a streak of blue light could be seen.

"Sure. We need to settle this once and for all," Ash nodded.

Aura Ash-Greninja jumped up and started shooting water from his hands and feet. His aura wings had opened, allowing him to glide in the air, but he still needed to shoot water from his limbs to propel himself for flying. Greninja could match Charizard's speed, and the audience could only see another blue streak of light. Somehow this made observing the two pokemon quite difficult.

Lucario watched Greninja activate the aura energy Lucario gave him earlier when he turned into his new form, the wolf knew both Ash and Greninja would be spending excessive energy. He returned to Ash's side and continued pumping his master with Aura energy so that Greninja could sustain his new form.

The two pokemon started to fly away from the stadium at over Mach speeds. The judge immediately sent out a Rotom drone to follow them, so that it could capture the footage of them fighting outside of the stadium, which was broadcast on the stadium screen.

"The form is here," Steven gulped, "Alain is going all out."

Diantha looked at Greninja's new form, "That form of Greninja is something that I have never seen before. Is that an extra layer of energy?"

"It seems that both pokemon are in their final forms!" the announcer yelled out, "That is something beyond mega evolution!"

Leon asked Steven, "You have seen this form before. It gave you nightmares, didn't it?"

Steven nodded, "He calls this the Battle Mode. A lame name I would say, but its power was no joke. He told me that each week, he took one day to battle me, one day for his mega-evolution research, and the other days he would train his pokemon. I don't know what kind of training he went through for Charizard. He wouldn't tell me, he just said it's designed for battling Ash and winning against me. He is true to his words."

Charizard and Greninja flew around the city at a high speed. Greninja tried to use his water shuriken to hit Charizard from a range, but Charizard was flying too quickly that he could hardly land a hit. But the same thing could apply to Charizard. Greninja could also maneuver and glide in the air with his aura wings with such agility that it could hardly deal close-range attacks on the ninja frog.