Chapter 6 - Greninja vs. Charizard!

"This battle will be Ash's Greninja vs. Alain's Charizard!" the judge announced.

Brock looked at the scene and commented, "Ash is going to be in deep trouble. Because water types are totally weak against fire types..."

Misty remembered him saying the same thing years ago, "Hey, Brock! Just because your voice actor made a mistake doesn't mean that it is a fact! How I wished I had corrected you back then as a water-type gym leader..."

Clemont's glasses turned white, "But maybe that's why Greninja had never won a fight against Alain's Charizard. Plus, Charizard is bigger and bulkier. It can land stronger hits on Greninja. This could have put Greninja at a disadvantage."

Bonnie went to Serena, held her hands, and pointed at where Clemont and she sat, "Serena! It's been a long time! Why don't you sit with us?"

Serena was so glad to see her friends. She patted Bonnie's head and went to sit with her friends. Clemont had commented that she changed a lot. Even Brock was a little bit infatuated with Serena, until his Croagunk popped out of his Pokeball and jabbed Brock's butt, reminding him that she was too young for him.

"Let the battle begin!" the judge yelled.

"Charge!" both Ash and Alain yelled.

In no time, Greninja and Charizard dashed to the middle of the battlefield and clashed their right-hand punches together. A warm breeze blew from their point of contact, which could have easily blown away any other trainers on the battlefield, but Ash and Alain were unaffected and unfazed by that. They knew they were just getting started.

"Aerial Ace!" Ash pushed his right hand forward.

Greninja waxed off Charizard's punch with his left hand. He quickly used Aerial Ace in his right hand and attacked Charizard's torso. But Charizard was an experienced fighter: it grabbed Greninja's right hand and slammed its stronger and larger body at Greninja. Greninja was pushed off; he did a backflip to stabilize himself.

"Flamethrower!" Alain yelled out confidently.

"Use Cut to block it!" Ash was also highly confident in his old ace.

After stabilizing himself from the backflip, Greninja looked in front, and the flames were already charging at him at a high speed. Greninja quickly created two water kunais in his web hands and crossed his hands in an X-shape in front of his torso. The water kunais cut through the flames and landed on the wall in four different positions, leaving Greninja unharmed.

But as the flames dispersed, Greninja's arms were struck by Charizard's Dragon Claw. Even though Greninja was blocking and minimizing its damage, the claw was so strong that it still sent Greninja off-ground and flying towards Ash.

"Keep going and use Double Team!" Ash pushed both his palms forward. Greninja turned around and stepped on Ash's hands as a stepping board to ninja-land on the Eternatus Net above Ash horizontally. He quickly ran around the Eternatus Net and created multiple copies of himself, all equipped with two water kunais. Immediately, Greninja and his clones started to throw their water kunais at Charizard.

"Block with Dragon Claw!" Alain ordered.

Charizard started to swipe at the water kunais. Little did it know that the Greninja clones kept throwing more and more kunais. Some hit Charizard, some it blocked, and most landed on the ground eventually and got stuck there. It's a rain of water kunais!

Alain realized he might have made a wrong decision of dragon claw, "Charizard, use Flamethrower to destroy all the clones instead!"

"Aerial Ace!" Ash yelled.