Chapter 22 - Gigantimax Battle!

Cilan felt cheated by what he researched, "Urshifu? Leon doesn't have that in his team!"

Clemont sighed, "You are still getting information from Bulbapedia? That wouldn't work in fanfiction, I've told you so many times."

In the VIP room...

"T...That's a legendary pokemon!" Steven widened his eyes, "Why didn't he use that against me?"

"Because he knows your full team of 3 already. Maybe he would have sent it if you still have an unrevealed pokemon," Cynthia explained, "Anyone knows why he has that thing though?"

Mustard fiddled with his beard, "That certainly is a story..."

------------------------

*Flashback*

"Would you marry me?" Leon knelt on one knee and showed a ring in front of Professor Sonia.

Sonia smiled, "The World Champion is finally thinking about having a family."

It was a day after Leon first became the World Champion. They were both twenty years old, and still had a long way to go in their careers.

"It's about time," Leon looked at Sonia, "After reaching my ultimate goal of becoming the World Champion, it's time to open a new chapter of life...and I choose you."

Sonia had been waiting for this moment ever since they met as kids, but as happy as she was inside, she was stunned by his sudden proposal, "If...if we become couples, we will live together...and tolerate each other's weaknesses."

Leon nodded. Things wouldn't be so hard for a World Champion, "I am ready for that."

"But I am not sure if I am ready for that," Sonia looked at him and said, "Let's give ourselves a challenge. If we go through this mission together, I will agree to be your wife."

"What is the mission?" Leon stood up.

"To get your Kubfu evolved," Sonia said, "It's been years since you received that Kubfu from your master Mustard. He would be sad if you don't show up at either of the Towers to get it evolved."

Mustard gave all of his dojo students a Kubfu to train, so that the trainer and the pokemon can develop their battling skills together. The students knew to head to the Tower of Darkness or the Tower of Waters to get their Kubfu evolved. However, only very few managed to get them evolved due to the difficulty of challenging either tower. These students are embarrassed that their Kubfu didn't evolve into Urshifu, so they wouldn't tell the players that they have a Kubfu of their own. That's why even Leon wouldn't tell the players that he had a Kubfu.

Leon sighed, "Come on, Sofia. I have been looking for the Tower of Darkness and the Tower of Waters for ages, and I have had no luck finding them."

"Well you have me this time," Sonia winked, "We can look for the Towers together and I can drive you there."

Leon gulped. Surely having his Kubfu evolved would be amazing, but this meant he would have to bear with her bad driving!

Sonia went to open the door of her pink car, "Look Leon, I have to bear with your extremely poor sense of direction, so it might take us a long time before we can find either of these towers. Plus, my driving is not that bad, just bring a few paper bags for you to throw up and we are good to go."

Leon panicked and slowly walked to her car, "Are we doing this now?"

-------------------------------

*Puking noises*

Mustard shook his head and handed Leon a bottle of water to prevent him from dying from dehydration, "Remind me to never ride on your car, or boat, or whatever, Sonia."