Chapter 36 - Dragon Master vs. All-Rounded Champion

"Let's do this, Naganadel!"

Iris crossed her arms to activate her Z-ring and Z-crystal. Electric energy surrounded the purple-haired girl, and got transferred to her dragon pokemon she recently caught in Alola.

"Gigavolt Havoc!" Iris punched her hand forward for maximum energy output.

Naganadel's pin tail fired a huge impulse of electricity. The electric shockwave rushed towards Cynthia's Dynamax Togekiss, aiming to take it down once and for all.

Cynthia smiled confidently, "Max Mindstorm!"

Togekiss flapped its wings, and three rings of psychic energy were launched at Naganadel. The two moves touched, yet they phased through each other, catching the audience by surprise.

*BOOM*

The powerful moves landed on each other effectively. The Dynamax energy cloud above Togekiss withdrew, causing Togekiss to shrink in size and land on the floor unconscious. Naganadel took a few deep breaths, yet it was unable to recover from the strong psychic attack – it fell to the ground and passed out as well.

The judge announced, "Both pokemon were unable to battle. Challengers, please send out your next pokemon!"

Iris (4): Garchomp (0), Naganadel (1), Lapras (2), Excadrill (0), Dragonite (1), Pokeball (0)

Cynthia (4): Kommo-o (0), Togekiss (1), Spiritomb (2), Glaceon (0), Roserade (1), Pokeball (0)

Ash and Serena rushed to the Wyndon Stadium and sat with their friends, "Sorry we are late. What did we miss?"

Misty smirked, "You should have just not come..."

Ash sweated, "Sorry, I was just making some final adjustments to my team for my battle against Leon right after this match. How is Iris doing?"

Bonnie has stars in her eyes, "Iris has a very cool-looking purple pokemon! I think it's a new pokemon!"

Lillie responded, "It's called Naganadel. Ash befriended one back in Alola too. She must have traveled to Alola sometime earlier to catch one of these."

Cilan was patient to explain the circumstances about the 3rd place match, "Both Iris and Cynthia had lost 4 pokemon in their team. Spiritomb had the lead with its Hypnosis and Dream Eater combo, but Iris managed around it by G-maxing her Lapras. Togekiss and Naganadel knocked each other out just now."

Dawn added, "I saw Iris bring out her Garchomp, and Cynthia had her Kommo-o. They could still battle, but I don't know their final unrevealed pokemon."

Ash smirked, "It can only be their aces, Dawn. You saw them before, I'm sure you would know once they send them out."

---------------------------------

The ongoing third-place match was a heated battle. The audience at Wyndon Stadium was blessed with the opportunity to watch both the third-place match and the finals in half an hour, all at once. Competitors could use any gimmicks with no limits in the 6v6 battle. The same boundary rules applied.

It was a late afternoon on a Sunday, best suited for exciting matches like the Masters 8 Tournament. Raihan, Mustard, Leon, and all the other Champions were watching the battle in the VIP room. They were happy to witness three new Masters Class pokemon trainers in the new era, and two of them managed themselves in the semi-finals. Time had surely changed.

Sonia was sitting next to Leon. She looked quite frustrated as she whispered in his ears, "Are you sure you are going to use it?"

Leon had the similar concern written on his face, yet he did his best to remain composed, "Yes, but no worries, dear. No one is going to die."