Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Seven]

[Seven]

For dinner, there will be a side dish of hate and embarrassment.  

He came when he said he would. For two hours, I had been in my room, trying to pick the perfect outfit. I kept the tacky shorts on and in the end, I kept on the same shirt as well. Would it be too obvious if I had changed?

My father didn't come down from his room if he was in there. And if he was out of the house, he didn't show his face. It didn't bother me. I actually was very happy that he wasn't here to ruin everything like he usually did. I hated that man. When there was a knock on the door, I flew down the stairs. The weather outside was dark, but still warm. I was glad I owned shorts. I flung the door open and there was Collin, perfect as always. He was smiling at me- actually happy to see me. I had to remind myself not to jump him. He was as straight as a pole.

When I saw him, I blushed (of course) and couldn't breathe. I practically worshiped this boy. But I managed to keep what cool I barley had left and walked with him to his car. He had changed his outfit, which made me feel really stupid. I should have changed. He was now wearing a blue t-shirt and black basketball shorts. He still had on his black sneakers though. I was suddenly in front of the passenger door. He had opened it for me. Weird. I smiled at him as he made his way across the car. 

He got into the driver's seat as I slid into the passenger seat. I closed the door and tried not to hyperventilate. His car smelled like him - Abercrombie & Fitch. I wanted to lean back and take in the scent all day. His car was very clean and he didn't have anything out. It was like he cleaned it before he picked me up. My insides warmed.

"Hey, can you look over this?" He asked, handing over a piece of paper. I gulped. Oh shit. "I'm going to say some stuff, can you tell me if it's on there?" He asked, paying attention to the road. He slowly backed out of my driveway and into the street. He started to creep slowly forward. He was a cautious driver. Weird. I would have thought he thought he was in the NASCAR.

"Uh... yeah. Sure," I said, trying to act cool about it. In reality, I was sweating buckets, my nose hurt, my heart was choking me in my throat and I felt like I was about to pass out. Yeah, maybe I was being overdramatic. But that's exactly how I felt right now. He started to list off ingredients. We were making enchiladas. I couldn't concentrate on the list in front of me. This dyslexia thing was out of control today. Oh, damn it. I forgot to take my pills. I suddenly added wanting to cry on my list.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked me after I answered hesitantly. I nodded slightly. He looked over at me, but didn't say anything. When he was done naming off things I wasn't sure were there of not, he took the list back; careful not to touch my skin. My hand dropped.

"Cool, now we don't have to go to the grocery," He said, smiling to himself. I took a deep breath at his response. Hopefully, he didn't need to after all.

He stopped at a big house about five minutes later. I stared up at it in shock. It was huge. A fountain was in the front, spewing out silver water. A balcony was on top and I'm one hundred and twenty percent sure he had a pool. There was a fence around the perimeter. Collin had to click a button in his dashboard before it granted him entrance. Collin drove up the huge driveway and parked next to an expensive looking red Corvette.

"Uh... Zachary?" He asked me.

I tuned towards him, suddenly terrified. What could he possibly say to make me feel even worse? I know by his tone whatever he was about to say wasn't good. He looked at me sadly. His eyes looked sad... sadder than I have ever seen them. There were other emotions on his face that I couldn't recognize.