Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Nine]

[Nine]

The tested.

A/N: I hate this chapter, so I understand if you do too.

With my sketchbook in one hand and my starbucks in another, I made my way to math class. I was ten minutes late, but that wasn't really my fault. My dad insisted on making me eggs and bacon for breakfast. Eggs and bacon. Funny thing is, I hate both eggs and bacon. 

I didn't see Collin today. I smiled as I took a sip of my caramel frappuccino. My dad finally liked me, and Collin sure as hell wasn't going to ruin that. No one was. When I walked to the door of my classroom, I peeked in first. Then I yanked it open and walked in. Everyone, like usual, looked up. Then they all returned to the fabulous land of the daydreamers. I walked over to the teacher’s desk and slapped my tardy note onto it. Then I walked over to my seat at the back of the classroom.

The person next to me stared as I flopped down into my seat. I started to arrange my stuff. I ignored her and kept my eyes on my papers. When I finally looked up, she was still looking. It was a brunette, about five three. When I caught her eyes, she smiled at me. Then she looked back down to her desk. I gave her a weird look. I felt another set of eyes on me and turned to look behind me to catch them. A hot guy was staring at me. When I looked back, he winked. Then he looked back down at his paper.

My mouth probably had fallen open. I shut it and spun back around. I gripped the table for support. What was with everyone today? Did I have something on my face or something? I looked down to study my shirt. No…nothing there.

"Zachary?" A voice at the front of the class asked loudly. My head snapped up and I met the gaze of the teacher. Uh oh. Had I blanked out again? Was he asking me a question and I hadn't-?

"The office wants you. Bring your stuff," He said simply. He went back to studying something on the board. He called on someone next to me to solve the question. Surprised, I bent down to grab my backpack. I stuffed my notebook in there and grabbed hold of the zipper. I shut it and slung it over my shoulder, standing up. I grabbed my drink and started to head out. A few more people smiled at me and I stared back, dumbfounded. When I shoved my way out the door, I had a million questions at the back of my head.

As I walked to the office, I thought about everything that had happened this week. Nothing was worthy of all that attention. And I haven't gotten any hate yet. What could have happened? Obviously it was good. But why did everyone suddenly have a change of heart?

When I pushed the door open to the office, I was surprised to see everyone acting normal. No one was going to jump out and tell me I won the lottery? I was ready for something stupid like that. When I approached the desk, a lady behind it stared at me for a few seconds before saying anything. I stayed quiet, feeling uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Oh. You can go back to class, hun. We don't need you anymore." She said, looking back down at her papers like I was suddenly invisible. I stayed where I was.

"What? Wait, what happened? Why was I called here?" I demanded. The lady in front of me looked older than my father. She had gray hair and a tired look on her face. When she sighed, she seemed older. She looked back up at me.

"Something at the other school happened. Something with a boy saying stuff about you. But we cleared it up." She went back to looking down at her desk. I stared at her for a good few minutes. My senses told me it was Johnny. But what was he saying about me? What could he have said that made all of these people look at me like they were appreciative?

"Like what? What was he saying?"

She sighed again.

“I don’t know, sweetie. Go back to class.”