Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Eight]

[Eight]

To Save A Life with a lesbian. 

A/N: Thank you for all of your support. It means a lot to me.

I was home before I knew it. When I ran up to my front porch, my dad ran out. He stood on the top stair and glared at me. The hot night air engulfed me and I felt on the verge of passing out, and he looked on the verge of blowing up. I gulped.

"Zachary, where have you been?" he demanded, looking as if he was about to pounce. It was as if he had smoke coming out of his ears, like a cartoon character. His eyes were blood shot and threatening to pop out of his head. I made a face at his anger.

"I was at a...friend’s house. I was doing a project," I muttered, walking up to him and attempting to push past him. He took a step in my direction and I halted to a stop. I could smell his strong aftershave from here. I looked down, at the edge of the doorway.

"Go to your room and put on something decent. We're going to a dinner party," my father said. He took a step away from me to let me pass, but I stayed in the same place I was stopped in. My dad never let me near his friends - thinking I would embarrass him further.

"Really? We're supposed to go to a dinner party together and pretend to stand each other?"

 "Exactly. Now go get dressed into something nicer. You look like a stripper." My dad spun around and walked back into the house. He left the door open, though I knew he wanted to slam it in my face. I stood where I was for a few minutes. I closed my eyes and attempted to control my anger.

Usually, I would have faked an illness or hid in the backyard. But this time, I wanted to go. I wanted to get my mind off of Collin and his stupid girlfriend. I wanted to embarrass my father. I opened my eyes and walked inside my house. As I did so, I swore to myself that I wouldn't think of him tonight. School was going to be hell tomorrow anyway, so why not let my mind take a little break?

After I slammed the door, I walked upstairs and dressed into a nice button down black shirt. It was soft and I loved it, but never got a chance to wear it. Then I put on some-what nice jeans and black Chuck Taylors. I studied myself in the mirror for a long time. I frowned in disgust at my reflection. I spun around and walked out of my room. When jogged down the stairs, I found my dad in the exact same thing as me. He walked out of the house before I could comment. I groaned and followed him out. Yay. Twinsies.

I was going to be happy. I would enjoy myself. I had to.

It took about twenty minutes to get there. All the while, my dad and I were fighting over the radio. I would turn it to a good radio channel, and he would change it to some 1920's rock shit. I finally gave up, and ended up glared out the window. The breeze flew across my face, and I gulped in a big mouthful of it. I needed to control my breathing.

When we reached the dinner party place, I knew I was in trouble. As we pulled up the the curb of a huge, 1900's house, I eyed an old couple probably in their 70's slowly trudge up the gravel walkway. They looked to strict and mean. They were obviously very serious looking people. There was no doubt that everyone in there would look the exact same.

"Be nice, and don't embarrass me," my dad snapped. He turned to shove his car door open, and he slowly slid out. He slammed the door and I did the same. I stepped out into the warm night, ready for tragedy.

"Why did I have to come?" I demanded, walking side by side with my father up the pathway.

The elderly couple in front of us slowly made their way, not a care in the world. I didn't want them to overhear our conversation, so I lightly leaned into my father so he could whisper. He got what I was trying to do, and leaned towards me a little to whisper something.