Chapter 9

- Wake up, you shouldn't be sleeping here.
- Wake up, it's dangerous.
- He's still there, it could devour you.
- He's watching you sleep, right now...

I wake up slowly, annoyed by Poppy's voice resounding in all the corridors and unfortunately, also in my ears...

- Leave me alone ! I scream.
- You shouldn't sleep here.
- I fell asleep, it happens.

How could I fall asleep in such a gloomy laboratory ? The fatigue is starting to drive me crazy... My excavations have yielded nothing, I haven't learned more about experiment 1006.

- Poppy, who is experiment 1006 ?
- I do not know.
- You lie...
- No, I cannot know or understand everything. But of all toys, some are not toys. Am I a toy ? No. Is it a toy ? Oh no, he's not.

" He " ? She talks about experiment 1006.This experiment seems more dangerous than I think, I should get out of here and contact real investigators to investigate. But Poppy... She's watching me, I don't even know where I am in the factory, it's lost in advance.

- Is it at least... Finished...?
- They destroyed it. No, they tried... He's still there somewhere, but I don't know where.
- Why isn't he destroyed ?
- A toy, can rebuild.

I'm starting to understand, maybe he rebuilds himself by stealing other toys ? What if he stole bigger and stronger toys...? Like Mommy and Huggy...? It would create a monster... No... He'll catch it... I have to find Huggy...! I have to help him !

I run towards any door, but they are almost all locked, how can I escape from here !?

- Where are you trying to go ?
- Leave me alone ! Release me !
- But you're not a prisoner, this place has been closed and abandoned for so many years, they just checked to close everything, so that no one can find out the truth. Otherwise, the factory would be in big trouble...

Trouble !? Of course, if they kidnapped the employees, orphans and innocent visitors ! I understand the toys hanging all over the factory much better ! The poor did not want to become toys, they preferred to kill themselves rather than live like this !

I keep knocking on all the doors and one of them ends up opening at the end of the corridor, I then go towards it, but at the end of it, is the Huggy with the horrible smile with all his teeth.

- Go away, he will devour you.
- No... He's friendly...!
- A toy, no, an experience created with such teeth, is it really nice ?
- What...?
- Why do you think Huggy Wuggy is located in the lobby ? It was necessary to protect the factory from visitors who are not welcome. He was born, to kill, to devour.

No, she's lying, it's impossible. Huggy is nice, he's my friend, my best friend ! Even if he is, he can change ! I promised to get him out of here, I would keep my word !

- I won't back down, come here.
- What are you saying ? He's going to kill you, it's a waste.
- If you don't intend to get me out of here, I'd rather die like this !
- It's very stupid and thoughtless.
- Huggy is my best friend, I trust him. You know, he could have hurt me from the start, when I was visiting the factory in front of him. How many times has he watched me from afar and helped me ? It's up to him to decide, if I'm a visitor who is welcome here, or not...

It's risky, I know, but I don't want to run anymore. I know he's been following me from the start, trying to show me a path I haven't taken yet, so I don't want to run away anymore.

- Huggy... You were created to give big hugs, weren't you ? Come... I'm waiting for you...

I'd rather die as stupidly here than under the orders of a strangely alive Poppy doll. I don't care about all these truths, I'm here for Huggy, and him only now.

I close my eyes and wait...