Chapter 14

The noise is horrible, it's worse than chalk squeaking against a blackboard, it's so horrible !

- Let's go Huggy ! It's probably "him", I don't want him to catch you too !

I force him to follow me by taking his arm and we run away in an endless corridor. I hear a voice, which is familiar to me in the distance, but it's not Poppy's...

- Come back ! Come back here ! You came back...! I'm happy to see you ! Come say hello...

It's Mommy Long Leg's voice, even though she's... It's impossible, but it's definitely her voice... I know it, that's for sure.

- Huggy, hurry up, you're slow !
- Why are you running away !? My old friend... Where are you going...? Come ! I was waiting for you !

Huggy is slow, his legs are too limp, he is not made for running. This thing is going to catch up with us, I see a part of Mommy's body attached to it, it's horrible... It looks like a collection of old dilapidated toys gathered around it...

- Huggy, please hurry u-

Huggy doesn't let me finish, he tears his arm out of my grip. What is he doing !? It is not the moment ! He pushes me into an air duct on our right but... Why doesn't he follow me...?

- Huggy !!! Now is not the time to play heroes ! Come immediately ! Otherwise you will also be part of him ! Hurry up !

He doesn't come, why...? No... I don't want to lose Huggy... No, not him...

- Huggy ! Huggy Wuggy ! Come ! Don't leave me alone... I don't want to go without you... Please... Come...

I hear huge crashes, I hope he's fine... I don't want to leave without him, I want to go get him, but if he got me to safety here alone, I don't want to fail in his sacrifice to protect me either...

- Where are you old friend !? Come... Come, join me, I just want to talk to you, like in the good old time...

In the good old times ? But who is it ? He has Mommy's voice, but physically I have no idea who he is.

He looks like some kind of robot, a prototype that didn't come to fruition. I guess he's trying to steal the other toys to get stronger, like a real finished experiment.

- If you don't come, I'm going to hurt Huggy Wuggy a lot...

No... Not that... What should I do...? No, I can't leave Huggy, even if he's lying to me, I don't want to leave him here, so alone.

I open the hatch and climb back down to face this horrible thing, which holds a part of every toy inside, a real monster...

Phew... Huggy is simply unconscious further on, he's still breathing...

- Who are you !? I do not know you !
- You don't remember me...?
- What...? No !
- I am... Almost you...
- Sorry !? What are you saying !?
- Do not listen to him. Said Poppy's voice suddenly in the distance.

Poppy speak again, it's been a long time... She tells me not to listen to her, but why ? I don't know who I can trust anymore.

- Poppy !? I scream.
- Don't listen to him, it's "him", the 1-0-0-6 experience. No, he's just a dark prototype that didn't come to fruition. Said Poppy.
- Shut up... Shut up...! You think you're perfect but you're just a toy ! A useless kid's doll ! I hate you all... You are so "perfect"... Why did you fail... To create me !? He yells.

He turns and approaches Huggy who slowly wakes up to hit him numerous times and inflict a good number of wounds with the abilities of the toys he stole to rebuild himself.

- Huggy !! I scream away.
- Why... Why am I not perfect !? You failed me ! You failed me ! It's me... It's me who had to be human ! The most humanoid toy in the world ! Not him...!!!

Me ? Why is he pointing at me ? Me, a toy ? What is he talking about ? Hahaha, is he stupid ? I am not... A toy...?