Chapter 8

Later that day, Louis found himself lying on the couch in the lounge room of the omegas' dormitory. The rumor of Harry emitting sex pheromones during the lecture had spread like a wildfire, and people were making up theories about it from left to right.

He had tried his best not to think about it, but since everyone kept reminding him, it was impossible not to. Destiny had gone on about it the entire day, describing how drawn she had felt to Harry, how every fiber of her body wanted to approach and scent him. Louis couldn't do anything but nod, seeing as it was impossible to hide that his omega had reacted the same way if not worse since he was the one triggering it.

When Liam heard the news, he had been envious that he wasn't there to experience it, which Louis couldn't understand. There was nothing to be envious about. If you weren't attracted to the alpha in question, there was no need to register their sex pheromones. You only wanted that if you desired to get intimate with them.

But judging by the rumors flying around, he could tell that Liam wasn't the only omega envious of not being in the lecture hall earlier today. Apparently, it was something most omegas desired to experience.

"Wait, are you saying he produced sex pheromones just like that?"

If Louis had a choice, he would have left the lounge room a long time ago, but he was waiting for Liam and Destiny to show up so they could watch a movie together. Therefore, he was forced to spend time with some omegas who apparently couldn't shut up about Harry and what had happened during the lecture today.

"Yes! That's what I've been trying to tell you."

Louis needed his AirPods to block their voices out. There was no other way to escape their chattering, but unfortunately, he had left them in his dorm, and he didn't have the energy to climb the stairs and get them.

"But isn't that very uncommon? I've never heard of anyone doing it without getting it on with someone."

He could feel his finger scrolling more aggressively through his Instagram feed with every word escaping their mouths. He just wanted to get out of here.

"Someone must have triggered it," one of the omegas stated. "There's no way he would be able to do it otherwise."

"Yeah," another agreed. "I have a distinct feeling it was me. I swear I saw him looking at me when he entered the room."

Louis furrowed his brows, looking over at the four omegas sitting on the couch next to his. He recognized two of them as recent conquests of Harry, although the other two could be previous ones as well. The one just implying Harry might have emitted pheromones because of her was the same omega Louis had caught him with at the party and in the hallways two days later, so he wasn't surprised by what she had just claimed.

"Are you sure, Nat? That would be huge."

The red-haired girl's lips turned into a smug smile. "I'm ninety percent sure. The way he made me feel was beyond what it's been like when he's scented me. It felt amazing," she explained dreamily.

"Wait, does that mean you haven't fucked yet? I bet I saw you two getting it on against the wall at the alpha party?"

Louis could feel his stomach turn only imagining that night. He didn't want anyone to remind him of it, let alone a bunch of omegas who knew what it felt like to be scented by the alpha.

"I thought we were heading that way," the red-headed omega pouted. "But then he suddenly left and never came back, so we never did. I've been trying to show I'm interested over the last couple of weeks, but I feel like he's been a bit distracted. I don't know why, but after what happened today, I feel like it's only a matter of time until he asks me to have sex with him."