Chapter 2.5, 'Sebastian'

I sighed one last breath before I got up. "I need to just.. breathe... Ever since Alois found out who I really was: I haven't been able to take a simple break without being paranoid." I rolled my eyes. "I'm finally losing it, aren't I?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep in the forest, or to try and hide out in London for a while. I pondered my choices, then holding my breath as I heard footsteps through the grass coming closer. They were coming from behind me. "You couldn't have gone far.." Ciel's voice echoed. He was right, I wasn't far. Any movement would be easily recognised as another's. Unless... I slowly crouched down, grabbing a stick that was laying right in front of me, ironically. I thought of using it as a short term weapon to attack Ciel with and run, but I had a better idea. I slowly leaned to the side and threw the stick at a tree no too far from where I was. I hoped it would catch him off guard and he'd expect I was running that way. 

It worked!

But I then heard a step, behind me? "There you are!" And of course; Ciel's demon was behind me. I sighed with a smile. "I had a good run, didn't I?" He chuckled at me.  "I guess you're correct. Say, don't I know you from somewhere?" The demon smiled, I didn't care to turn around. "I don't recall you knowing me. And I don't recall knowing you.","No, no, I do know you." I sighed, clenching my fists. If this demon truly did know me, he'd tell Ciel. And Ciel would find out, and all chaos would break loose. "Let's not go there. You don't know me goddammit.","Trying to hide your identity, are you? My, my, rather interesting." I let out a sigh, catching a fist from behind me. "Not yet. I'm not going down easily you demon." He just laughed in response. "I'm not joking, 'Sebastian'." I swung my dagger backward, but he caught it. I swung it forward, taking it out of his hand. 

"Fine be that.." I was interrupted by being spun around by the demon. "Let's dance instead, shall we?" He smiled with his eyes closed, I rolled my eyes in response. He held me up, I was rather light so I spun fast, he spun once more. "Is this what you're going to do? Spin me until you're covered in puke?" He laughed. "Oh you're a silly one. My orders were to capture you, not to fight you. And it appears I've already done so." I widened my eyes, how could I have forgotten already?! "Wait.. let me down you foolish soul nibbler!" I punched at his hands, which had a tight grip on me already. "Oh there you are Sebastian, I see you've caught our runner?" Ciel seemed unamused. "Took you long enough." he crossed his arms. The demon lowered me to the ground, I looked away as he spun me around to face Ciel. "My deepest apologies young master, we were having a small chit chat." He laughed.

"Well I have some questions for you." He walked up to me, "Why were you trespassing into a crime scene? And who are you?" I sighed, the questioning had already started and I was already bored. "I live in the nearby area, I was making my way home." Ciel laughed, "You can't be serious, nobody lives down that way, and plus; you said you were staying in a nearby inn. What was the real reason?","Fine, I was investigating around myself. But it seems you interrupted me before I could've started." Ciel sighed, "And you know that was against the law?" I nodded. "My goal is beyond your understanding, Phantomhive." Ciel chuckled, "I don't see any reason for you to be stating that, you don't know the things I would understand." I smiled, "If only you knew, but it's still too soon for that." I thought to myself. "Sebastian, take this fool to the nearest station, I don't want to see their face ever again.","Yes, young master." The demon turned around with me still in his arms. 

But Ciel stopped us before we got too far, "Wait. Who are you? You never answered my question." Sebastian stopped and looked at me for himself. "Oh my, never thought I'd see a Silversfield in a long time." He smiled. "What did you say?" Ciel was still a little far from us, Sebastian said his statement quietly. "Say, aren't you supposed to be dead?" I looked him unimpressed, "I'd rather not get into that." Ciel ran up to us and spun the demon around. Ciel and I made eye contact for a split second and I quickly turned my head the opposite direction of him. "Nobody you need to know.." I sighed with a smile, "..not yet at least." I said, quietly.