Chapter 14, Home..?

I'm finally updating this book again because I'm bored and people are starting to read it again so woohoo

~~

We made our way to the manor, Claude waiting at the front door for the both of us. "Do you mind if Hannah dries you off?" Alois asked, being polite. I wondered to myself, ,,if I was hypnotised like he thought; what would I say?'' "No, I do not  mind. Thank you, Alois." I smiled lightly and we both walked inside. The warm heat compared to the cold rain made me shiver. That is when I noticed something rather odd; the staircase was wet. The moist carpet and wood rang worry in me for some odd reason. I looked to Hannah who grabbed my injured hand tightly, bringing me up the wet staircase. Or I thought. When I looked back at the stairs; they were dry. ,,Am I seeing things..?'' I asked myself. I shook it off as the anxiety of such a facade to keep up. If I broke it at any moment, who knows what would happen?

Hannah closed the door behind the both of us, proceeding to undress herself!? "Ahem.." I cleared my throat. "These are my only working clothes, I do not wish to ruin them. I apologise Silversfield." I looked away, and instead examined the room I was now in. A bath stood in front of me, and the room seemed rather cramped. "You can turn around now." She said in her light voice. I turned around and she was in a lightweight white dress. I sighed at the consequences of choosing to bluff. "May I?" She held her hand out. I nodded unlike what I wished to say, and took her hand. She undressed me, uncomfortably, and filled up the tub. "My, your clothing got quite soaked, Silversfield. Is it raining that bad?" She helped me into the now filled tub. I nodded, "It is raining like mad out there. I do enjoy it, indeed, but it sure makes a mess." I sat my face on my palms as she scrubbed my back with the most uncomfortable brush. "Don't you have anything softer? I swear, it feels like you'd do better just using your hands."

She nodded, "If you wish, I shall use my hands." She placed the shower brush beside the tub and used her cold, dead, hands. They also made me shiver. She was getting rather up close, I was starting to feel her breath on my back. "Haven't you done enough? I feel like it's time to move on." My heart beat a little faster, was this anxiety normal? I've never told such a large lie before. "AH!" I jerked back in pain, she had scratched my back! "I am sorry! It was an accident.." She laughed lightly as I watched the water turn a tint of red. "And you're a maid?" I questioned, she was being rather unprofessional. A knock came from the door. "Yes?" Hannah and I both said in union, Claude's voice came from the other side. "Master asked me to check on you two." The door started to open. "Keep it closed!" I yelled. I am bathing, why was his first impression to open the door? I rolled my eyes. "Are you alright? We both heard a yelp.", "Yes! I am fine." I yelled, just wanting to exit the bath already. "Alright, just making sure Hannah isn't..." He stopped for a moment. "..Anyway, come out to the dining room when you two are finished. I am preparing breakfast." He closed the door fully and the clicking of footsteps faded out.

"What was that about? Aren't you supposed to keep people safe?" I turned to Hannah, my back stinging. "Turn around, I have to treat your wound." She stated blankly, wiping blood off of her fingernail with a towel. "Answer my question." I said sternly. "I can hear it dripping into the water.." She said in a whisper-like voice. A smile creeping her lips. "I'll call Alois." I crossed my arms. Her eyes seemed to go dull, were they enlightened beforehand and I hadn't noticed? "Alright. Yes I am supposed to keep my masters safe, it is what I am called here to do. I am unable to do so if you refuse to let me tend to your wounds. So, I ask nicely, please turn around." She answered calmly, I nodded in response and turned around again. The intense sting of water going into the wound filled my mindset, it hurt, like hell. I'd already started missing Ciel. His servants were a lot nicer, even if clumsy. But I have one task at hand; and that is to fool Alois into thinking I'm on his side whilst Ciel garners more information about the Trancy's.

Hannah wrapped my wounds up, my hand too, we exited the bath. "Alois has retrieved some clothing for you to wear today." She grabbed the said clothing. "Arms up." I looked at her, baffled at what she has just asked. Then again, she had already bathed me. I did as told and she dressed me. The clothing fit nicely, perfectly my size. She then grabbed my hand and slipped my ring onto my finger. It felt like my head was flashing between a headache and being perfectly fine. It was almost hypnotising. I still had to hold the trance tightly so I carried on, ignoring the pains. We walked down the stairs together, hand in hand as she lightly brushed my wounded hand with her thumb. "There you are! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Alois ran toward us as we reached the final step, his eyes twitching between Hannah and I's faces. I nodded and his eyes wandered down to my hand. "Hannah, you are excused." Alois blandly stated to the demon who reluctantly let go of my hand. Alois grabbed my wounded hand "Did you injure your hand? Do you want me to kiss it better?" He took me to the dining room, I held back from chuckling.

"I am quite alright, it happens to be just a scratch." We both sat down, him right beside me. "Are you sure? Such a scratch wouldn't be needed to be tended with an over-cautionary necessity as of a bandage." I nodded to his question. Claude walked into the room, two once again covered plates. "This mornings dish is eggs and bacon. With a side of optional milk in a glass." He revealed, removing the serving dish covers. He fixed his glasses as Alois already started eating. I made eyes contact with the demon, he was glaring at me. I rolled my eyes subtly and started eating for myself.