Chapter 11, Phantomhive?

"Anyway!" Alois smiled, backing off. I turned to the door as Claude walked through. Why did it feel so familiar? "Bon-Appetite!" Alois smiled and took the covering off, revealing the food Claude had prepared. I did the same. I tasted some of the egg, it brought back a sense of familiar. I then took a bite of some hash. It rang nothing to me. "Oh!" Alois swallowed his food. "Do you perhaps know how to dance, Y/N? My dumb uncle wants us to dance at his wedding, quite a chore if you ask me." He played with his food. I thought to myself for a second, did I know how to dance? "Any.. specific dances?" I looked at my food. "Ah, yes. A slow dance." Claude answered. I took a bite of the egg, "I'm not sure. I'd assume I haven't danced in awhile. I guess we'll find out." I took another bite. "Wonderful. I hope I don't need to teach you anything darling." I peeked my head up at his choice of wording, 'Darling?' I thought to myself. I snapped out of it quickly, Alois and I finished up the food quickly. "When is the occasion?" I got up and Alois did the same. "In about 3 hours. In that time we should be able to go shopping for some new clothing items. Of course my uncle would want the best, he always does." Alois rolled his eyes, I nodded in approval. "Well!" He clapped his hands, "Shall we head out?" He smiled, holding his hand out for me as an invitation. "Sure.." I took it and he took us to the entrance. 

"I apologise of the rain, dear. Might I offer you an umbrella?" Alois seemed giddy, almost as if he was excited for something. It clearly wasn't the wedding. "I'm sure I'll survive a little rain, thank you.","I insist." He held out his hand and Claude handed him a black umbrella. I shrugged to myself, I couldn't stop him. We both walk out of the manor as rain poured, I had a small tinge in the back of my mind that I couldn't put my finger on. As if it was trying to tell me something. We entered the carriage and Claude followed behind us, "Someone broke our bridge, what a shame. I'm still paying some pretty coin to get that one fixed." He looked out the window with his hand on his chin. "Who would do such a thing? No one would be able to enter n'or exit." I crossed my arms in disbelief. "Hm, if only we knew." Alois exchanged a look with Claude. As if they were speaking to each other with looks. I stared out the window and watched the rain fall. "Do you know of the Phantomhive's?" Alois asked in curiosity. "Ah, of course I do. My family did business with them quite a long time ago. I do like some of their toys, fairly high quality." I smiled to myself, still watching the rain fall. "Oh. I heard their head of the household got in some hot water recently." He crossed his legs.

"Who? Ciel Phantomhive? I wouldn't expect him to get into any trouble. He can be cold but he's an enjoyable soul in the end." I raised an eyebrow at Alois' remark, why and what did Ciel do? "Ah, but, he's changed. Nothing like how he was forever ago. Now he has a new butler and I heard he's planning on taking over London all for himself." My eyes widened at that remark, I turned to Alois. "Really? Must we inform the queen?" My arms dropped to my sides, Alois shook his head. "No, she is well aware. Her guard patrol is up on extra duty because of it. Oh, here we are." We stopped at a tailor, one that also rang familiar. Alois exited first, helping me down and we entered the tailor in union. Alois ran straight up to the shop keeper and I stood silent, it was fairly awkward. "Hello!~" He giggled, "Do you have any clothing that is fit for royalty? And not the other rats that enter here?" The shop keeper was taken aback by his remark but nodded. "Yes, we do.. shall I grab our bests?" The shop keeper suggested, Alois nodded in glee. "Y/N, wait here will you? I'll go pick out some clothing for the wedding." He smiled and I nodded. He ran out back and I walked around the store. The bell to the tailor rang and in walked two men. I searched through the piles of items, feeling all of the fabric. "So Trancy's father is getting married? To who'm?" I got a headache, was that Ciel? "Yes. I heard it was a lovely lady from up north."

I couldn't help but eaves drop on their conversing, Alois wouldn't spill anything else so I had to find out more information myself. "Is she actually in love with him, do you think? I heard he earned a quite hefty amount of cheques from a-" Ciel was cut off. I was confused by the sudden stop, I then heard footsteps from behind me. "Hello?" He turned me around by my shoulder, something that rang deja vu to me. I stepped back for a moment, I violent ringing filling my ears for a moment, "Ciel? It's been so long!" I smiled, he had a look on his face that rang worry and relief. I was unable to figure out why he seemed so unhappy, I thought we were friends? "Sil.." He was cut off himself by Alois. "Phantomhive." Alois put his hand on my shoulder, brushing Ciel's off. "Trancy." Ciel backed off. Alois leaned into my ear, "You don't trust him, do you? You couldn't possibly trust someone who holds such dark secrets like him." He whispered, I nodded. Alois repositioned himself upward. "And for the clothing, I've found the perfect thing that suits you like a golden watch, darling!" He turned me around and smiled. "I decided to get something that matches, it's honestly perfect for the wedding. Shall I show you?" He held his hand out once again, I took it, it was the only trusted source I had. We both walked into the back, I could feel Ciel's eyes on me. I ignored the boy and we walked through the door. 

I was presented with two formal outfits, one obviously for Alois and the other for me. They were both white and gold, very Alois. "How much coin would a mutt like you need for this?" Alois turned to the tailor. "320 pounds for both." He smiled and Alois pulled out a cheque. He wrote 320 on the cheque and handed it to the tailor. "Sebastian! Help us, will you?" Alois yelled and Claude walked in instantaneously, grabbing the clothing. "We have... 2 hours left! That will be the perfect time to get back, change, and get to the wedding." He grabbed my hands and dragged me out to the carriage. We took a seat and it seemed as if the rain had calmed down. "It looks like it'll be a nice day after all.. that's pleasant to know." Alois eyed the clothing that laid folded on Claude's lap. "Where will the ceremony be taking place?" I looked back out the window. "In his backyard. It's not too far from London. I'd say a 15 minute walk, right?" He turned to Claude who nodded. "Though, we'll be precisely 20 minutes early." Claude added. "It was certainly odd running into Ciel earlier. It was a very 'speaking of the devil' moment indeed." I thought aloud. Alois and Claude exchanged another look, I ignored it. "We've finally arrived!" Alois smiled and clapped in pleasure, hopping out of the carriage quickly. We exited and entered the manor.

"Sebastian, you may go place Y/N's outfit on their bed. I'll be doing something quickly." Claude nodded, him and I walked to the guest room. "Shall I assist you?" Claude asked, "No thank you." He nodded to my answer and closed the door behind him. I turned to the mirror which was now just an empty frame, the shards were cleaned. I pondered on how I would examine the outfit on myself but trusted Alois in his taste. I changed and it gracefully fit me, though, I heard ruffling from the closet. This invoked no fear in me, but perhaps, it invoked curiosity. I walked up to it slowly, cautiously. "Y/N! I found something for you!" I jumped at the sound of Alois bursting the door open. He giggled, "Why are you over there? Oh, anyway, I found something you may like." I turned around. He held a small box wrapped in white paper and black ribbon. "I found it-" We were both interrupted but the ruffling. "What in the devil is that?" Alois put the box back in his pocket. "I am not sure.." I said underneath my breath. "Sebastian?" Alois called out, "Yes?" He peeked his head inward. "There may have been a breach.. I trust you'll take care of it?" He put his hands on my shoulders, still turned to Claude. The demon nodded and Alois took me out of the guest room. "I think we're better off waiting until the wedding, darling. We seem to have bigger matters.." I nodded at his statement. 

"But for now! I shall go change. Wait for me at the entrance dear, I wont be a minute." Alois walked to his room. I walked to the entrance, pondering on what could've been in that closet. I looked at the door, my eyes wandered to the ground. "What is that...?" I whispered to myself, crouching down. I picked up a small metal shard, it seemed like a key. I examined it closely, upon closer look; I noticed how I recognised it. "Was I..." I held my head, another sharp pain. I dropped the metal piece and stood back up. "I'm finished!" Alois yelled from the top of the stairs. He jumped onto the railing and slid down, I walked up to the end of the railing to greet him but he lost his grip and almost fell at the end. I was able to catch him, "You have to watch your grip when you're doing that.." I warned him, he rolled his eyes playfully. "You don't have to tell me what do do you know. I have Sebastian after all!" He smiled and took my hand. "Do you know what he's doing up there?" We walked out the door. "Couldn't have the foggiest. But what matters is; you're safe, dear." I nodded slowly and we entered the carriage once again.