Chapter 13.5, Maniac

I awoken to a loud clash from down the stairs. I shot up. "What is going on down there..?" I got up and opened the door a crack, peeking through the slit I saw Alois holding a rather large sword. "You think you're strong, Phantomhive!?" Alois yelled, blood dripped off of his sword. I fretted for Ciel's safety and turned around. My clothing, and most importantly; my dagger were neatly placed on the dresser. I snatched the dagger and opened the door silently, trying to stay out of Alois' sight. I caught a view of Ciel from an uncomfortably open angle. Alois stumbled down the stairway, his sword almost dragging in front of him as he approached Ciel. "You orchestrated this! Didn't you!?" Alois yelled, his voice echoing throughout the whole manor. "I am unaware of what you are stating, Trancy! Why can't we just talk like adults!?-" He jumped to the side as Alois swung at him, Ciel was empty handed. 

At this point I started to slowly and carefully creep down the stairs. My eyes locked on Alois. "You sent that spy, I know you did! What? You wanted this stupid rock back?" He pulled Ciel's ring out of his pocket, tauntingly waving it around. I cleared my throat. "I apologise, Alois, but I was the one who sent him!" I readied my dagger, running toward the boys. Our weapons clashed, creating a small spark. The overwhelming weight of his sword opposed to my small dagger caused the two to slide. I stepped back, "Y/N! Why are you trying to hurt me!?" He asked. "Why?! You're a maniac!" I yelled, gripping the handle of my dagger tighter. "I'm the maniac!? But-" I cut Alois off, "I know what you did to me, Alois. The wool is out of my eyes. It is in fact true that you are insane and Phantomhive is not. Brainwashing someone with nefarious intent, sickening!" I got into a defence position. 

"I'm trying to protect you, Y/N! You don't under-" Alois was once again cut off, but this time by a bullet grazing his ear. It was ringing for a moment, but Alois yelped in pain, falling and dropping his sword in the process. The clang of the steel made the room fall silent, the only noise you heard was the tapping of Alois' blood on the flooring. I turned to Ciel who held a smoking snub-nosed pistol. I tossed Ciel the ring I was able to snatch whilst Alois was rambling. "Where's..","Gone." Ciel blankly said, blowing some smoke from his pistol. He walked over to Alois and I, Alois was still on the ground in shock. "It is time we end this, Trancy." He held his gun, pointing at Alois' head. "No.. no no no! Ciel.. please don't.." Alois begged, blood and tears dripping off of his face. "You- you and I aren't that different..! I know.. I know what you've been through Ciel-" Ciel cut Alois off, "You know nothing. You cause nothing but recklessness, I pity your final chosen words but every book has an end.." Alois shook visibly. "And you're all out of paper." He pulled the trigger.

Nothing but a click came from it though. Alois exhaled, which turned into a laugh. "You- you used your last bullet..! You can't even kill me..!" He got up, limp. He held his ear as Ciel and I watched him. "Sebastian.. and Claude. You know, they were an experiment..." He grabbed the sword off of the ground. "And I'm really trying to finish it.. You can have your demon back, Phantomhive." He fixed his hair and posture, leaning back mostly. "And you, Y/N." He grabbed my hand and I jerked it back. He leaned closely into my ear, "I'll make sure we can finish this story together.." He chuckled and left. I felt something in my hand, a ring? I was sure I had given Ciel his. I looked down into my palm and my ring laid in the centre, slightly covered in blood. I could feel my heart pumping, I thought I had destroyed it! "I threw this in the fire.. I threw its ashes into the lake. HOW IS IT HERE!?" I stepped back, dropping both the ring and my dagger.

"Silversfield?! Is everything alright?" Ciel put his hand on my shoulder and I jerked away. "I think.. Alois has another plan.. and I feel like it's going to be... worse." My breath shook as Ciel leaned down and picked up my ring. "Is this yours..?" He held the crimson stained ring up against the light. "It gives me a sense of deja vuu.. strange." He muttered underneath his breath. "Ciel.." I turned to Ciel who turned to me. "Before it's too late; I have a plan." He looked confused, but I explained it thoroughly and he understood rather quickly. We both nodded to the plan, and I ran out the door. "Alois!!" I saw his silhouette and ran toward him, my bare feet being stabbed with sticks and stones. "I think-- I.. I'm just glad you're safe..! You were right.. Ciel was planning all of those acts..." I hugged him. He acted confused but fell right into it. "Take me home...." I didn't want to say it, but, "darling." He patted my head and grabbed my hands, we stared into each others eyes. "Where's your ring?" He asked, softly. I let go of his right and my ring rolled into his creased palm.

"Perfect. Come with me, Y/N, I have a plan..!" He grabbed my left hand and we ran down the road. Tears stung my eyes from the pain, but I kept my mouth shut. "I have been able to switch the demons back. That was what I did before I.. never mind that. What is important is that I have Claude accessible to me at any moment. I as able to alter Sebastian's mindset using old magic. He should go be unstable to the point of violence." He rambled to me, as if he was full of energy after it all. "It's finally all coming together.. once we rid this world of Ciel's evil... we'll be hero's!" He exclaimed with joy. He stopped, turning to me, "There's just one thing left;" I raised my brow at this, one thing? "I wanted to wait until later, but now is better!" He joyfully said, rain starting to fall from the sky. He grabbed my left hand and pulled me in close, his breath hitting my ear once again. "Meus eris in aeternum." He whispered into my ear whilst sliding the ring onto my right finger. He kissed my neck as we started to get wet from the rainfall, "I suppose we should head back to the manor?" He said in a suggesting tone. I nodded, keeping my act up.

"Meus eris in aeternum.. what does that mean?" I thought to myself, rain pouring off of the both of our faces. He held my hand tightly, the sword still in his other. I had wondered where he retrieved such a weapon, a secret room perhaps? I exhaled quietly, I was barefoot and my legs were getting quite muddy. Alois rubbed the ring on my finger as his walking slowly got faster, we eventually started running. He turned around and faced me, dropping the sword. He grabbed my other hand and we spun for a moment. He pulled me in, "I guess it's now or never. Hm, I have a feeling we'll never do this again, quite strange." He smiled with a shrug, drowning his doubts with his -- unbeknownst to him -- fake control. I couldn't help but smile back, "Wanting to dance in such moments? You're crazy." I playfully jeered at the situation and he softly chuckled back. He lifted my hand up and leaned closely to my face, "Am I? Do you like it that way?" His cold blue eyes pierced my soul clean through.

A smile broke my lips, "Like bread and wine.","Wonderful." He spun the both of us around. "May I spill a secret with you?" His eyes seemed less dull, I nodded. "All of this. It's so silly. Why do even bo-" He was cut off by a loud bang of thunder. "Nevermind.." He laughed, he twirled me. "Maybe you aren't so bad after all.." I smiled once again. "I was very distracted that day, dear. But I feel better today... way.. better.." He said, menacingly. 

--

I'm going to just post this unfinished draft here because DAMN it's collecting dust just sitting here. I've just been doing other things. And as I said; I don't plan on finishing it and it's souley for fun :D

Anyway, time to go back into the shadows *wshhh*