Chapter 15.5 Blessing

.

.

.

"Liar..?" I gasped for air as my legs felt weak. And there it was, that strangely familiar feeling of death. Alois let go of me as I fell down to the ground, I recoiled back coughing up blood. He stabbed me in the back. I tried to sit up but Alois kicked me down, placing his foot on my chest. He leaned in closely, "You lied to me Y/N, you said you loved me." The distraught that filled his empty eyes, "And if you love Ciel more.. it means I don't have you anymore." He added pressure to my chest, "And if I can't have you..." he got on top of me and held the already bloodied knife up to my neck.

"No one can." He raised the knife above his head. Everyone was stopped by a knock at the door, "May I get that?" Claude asked. "Sure- whatever. Make it quick!" Alois sighed, letting his knife-wielding hand fall to his side. Claude opened the door to two reapers, one of them I had seen before. The one with red hair grinned holding onto the others arm, a brunette male. "Hello, have I caught you at a bad time?" He looked over Claude's shoulder to see the scene of Alois sitting his foot on my chest whilst I bled everywhere. "No, not at all. Can I help you two?" Claude adjusted his glasses. The brunette nodded slightly, "I am William T. Spears of the reaper program-" The redhead cut him off, "And I'm Grell Sutcliff! I'm sure we met before darling." She spoke with a ragged voice. "As I was saying," William continued, "We are under the suspicion you have a stolen life book." William fixed his spectacles.

Alois sighed, "I am afraid you are incorrect with that presumption, will that be all?" Claude hurried them, starting to close the door. Grell and William exchanged a look and looked back at Claude. Grell held the door open, "Aren't you going to let us look?!" she asked, quite angered. "According to my knowledge, trespassing is illegal, move along." Claude shut the door as a muffled growl came from the other side, presumably made by Grell. I took this time to trip Alois by pushing his leg to the side. I got up off the ground as he slipped, "Ouch!" he yelped. I quickly kicked the knife away from his hand as he rubbed his head. "What do you even want from me?!" I yelled, trying to ignore the pain. "I want what Ciel has- I want YOU!" He got up, huffing. He reached for my arm but I stepped back, "Ciel doesn't have me, nobody does!" I furrowed by brows in anger and confusion. "Don't lie to me-! I've seen the way you talk, you care, you obviously do!" He yelled back, his voice cracking. 

I held my side as my legs started weaken again, "I thought I was immortal- what the hell is going on?! How come the one time I DON'T want to die; I'm dying?!" I panicked inside, trying not to let it show on the outside. "Fine. Whatever- I'll do what you want if you just leave Ciel alone!" I tried to persuade him, "No, I'm done with your fake promises.","I'm not-!" He cut me off, grabbing the knife off the ground, "I'm going to end you, I'm going to end this!" he gripped the handle tightly, slowly walking over to me. He stood in front of me and pointed the knife at me, "Y/N Silversfield, I hereby declare you dead-!" Right before he slashed me, Claude walked up to him, leaned over and whispered something in his ear. His eyes lit up slightly as Claude stood up. "On second thought.." he handed the knife to Claude, "I have a better plan." I looked at him confused, my eyes locking back and forth between Alois and Claude. I was then blacked out by a swing to the head.

My eyes slightly opened to someone carrying me down a dark hall, everything was very dreamlike. A ringing was the only noise I heard besides faint footsteps. I was too weak to move anything so I just looked around as my limbs bounced limply. I faded in and out of this state, the hallways seemed like it never ended. I eventually faded into a room that looked quite familiar, I looked like the guest bedroom but it was a lot darker and was missing a lot of factors. It looked like it was in a basement from what I was able to see. I was still barely lucid so I was still paralyzed. "What in the world did they hit me with, I'm barely able to stay away for more than a minute?!" I questioned to myself in a state of lucidness, then I saw it; my ring. Every time I put on that ring, I was weakened and delusional, but this time, it was glowing red. Something to do with that ring was different. Between fading in and out, I was able to piece together footsteps on the outside of the room.