1. Punishment

The sun barely shone through the rotting trees, i was beginning to question whether it was there at all. It was not to the sun's beams i woke to though, no. Father. If im late he'll get mad. I tumbled out of the room and looked into the mirror. I can see why father sees me as such a disgusting monster. There's nothing to like about me. I pinched at my stomach rolls. It frustrates me, why am i made like this!
"You're beautiful, you always have been, you always will be, your rolls are beautiful too, just because some jealous looser wants to get your confidence down doesnt change anything" is what my best friend told me. Hes my favourite person on this earth, he's the reason i get out of bed.

After my silent cry, i brushed myself off and pulled on some baggy clothes, Father doesnt like seeing my rolls. I was still shaking. Inhale 4 seconds through the nose. Exhale 6 seconds out the mouth. "Its all okay.." i whispered quiet lies to myself and headed downstairs.
"Morning father." I muttered. He grumbled in response and got up to stand infront of me.
"You look disgusting today, at least go brush your hair before you even look at me. You're an embarrassment of a child." he hit me hard across the cheek, i was sure it'd leave a mark. I couldnt let him see my moment of vulnerability so i stood straight, "Yes sir."
And with that i walked back to my room where i quickly conditioned my hair, brushed through the mess and tied it into 2 little buns, father's favourite. I didn't return downstairs for another 10 minutes after i was done. Big mistake.

"WHERE ARE YOU." i could hear the impatience in father's voice. I panicked and just stood, trembling  at the side of my bed.
"ONE." he began counting. I couldn't move i was glued to the floor.
"TWO.." he began counting faster. What happens when he hits 5...? No time to think, I grabbed my hockey stick and grasped it as tight as i could in my shakey hands.
"THREE. FOUR..." he was getting closer, "FIVE, IN I COME.." He yanked the door open so hard it rebounded back into him, that was my opportunity. I ran at him and jabbed him in the stomach with the stick and then raised it to hit him in the head, but...