𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

𝐀/𝐧: 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞!

𝟓 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐨...
𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Haha mommy!" Kyler laughed out as he pointed at my mom who now had whipped cream on her face. "Oh you think this is funny, nugget?" My mom said playfully as she got up and put whipped cream on his face after he squirmed trying to get away. We all ended up in a fit of laughter before we settled down.

My mom began taking pictures of Kyler and I before she took my phone snapping pictures of the three of us. She's big on saving memories. My mom looked over at the clock as she wrapped her arms around both Kyler and I. "Okay, it's pretty late, you two need to get some rest."

"One more round?" I pleaded not wanting to have to go up to my room. I cherish every second I get to see my mom smile and laugh with us. No one in the house was terrified or felt like they were being watched tonight with my dad not home. My mom wanted us to have some fun together seeing as it'd been a while since we'd had a night like this.

"I'm sorry guys, you need to get some rest, we'll go out and do something tomorrow. What about the fair?"

"Yes!" Kyler exclaimed as my mom smiled. "What about you, bubba? You in?" I smiled before crashing into my moms arms. "Yes." I said as I held onto her as she kissed my forehead.

"Alright, time for bed, let's go." She said as we went up the stairs with her. She first went into Kyler's room and I could hear him telling him a quick story before his light clicked off and his door closed.

My mom came in sitting next to me as I laid in my bed. She put her hand in mine as she looked at me with adoration. She smiled before placing a kiss on my forehead. "I love you, you know that right?" She smiled again and I nodded.

"I love you too." Squeezing my hand, she got up and looked at me before turning my light off and leaving me in my room. I began to doze off in the dark and soon, sleep completely took over me.

. . .

"Shane! I'm sorry- I" I heard my mom scream from downstairs. I quickly got out of my bed opening my door to hear glass shatter on the floor. As I began trying to walk down the stairs quietly, Kyler's door opened and I quickly tried to get him to go back to bed not wanting him to witness anything. I saw my mom fall on the floor as I peaked down the stairs and I quickly ran down as my dad stood over here. "Who was he, Blair?!" he yelled in her face.

I quickly pushed him trying to move him away from her. "Y/n/n, baby-" my mom pleaded as she tried to reach for me.

"Get the fuck out of my way." my dad mumbled as he shoved me making me fall on the floor beside my mom. She quickly pulled me into her arms as my dad grunted as he went into his office room. "Baby go back upstairs." She said as tears were still falling from her eyes. "Mommy, you're bleeding." I said as my hand touched her the top of her head. "It's okay, I'm okay- Kyler, go back to bed." She said as she looked over at my brother who had clearly followed me downstairs.

"You two, go back upstairs please, I'll come get-" before she could get the rest of her words out, my dad was back and grabbed her by her hair, pulling her up. "Shane- not in front of the-" without another second lapsing, he had his hand around her throat as he threw her against the wall making Kyler and I scream out.

"Stop!" I said as I started hitting on him to get off of my mom before he grabbed me by my arm and threw me onto the coffee table which broke as he slammed me down. I heard my mom scream as she gained enough strength to come over to me.

I had tears streaming down my face as my arm seemed to be broken. Kyler was crying as my mom held us close as she cried. "Shane just leave- please." She begged. My dad took a swig of the drink in his hand. He began walking over to us again and my mom got up standing in front of us. "Do not touch them!" she said through gritted teeth.