𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Y/n left quite early this morning for work, she picked up some extra hours. I offered to take her but, she preferred to walk. I was actually glad she left, seeing as Robbie came over this morning a bit after she departed.

He was yelling at me for not wanting to have sex with him, shoved me against the wall, slapped me, it was a rough morning. I was so eager to get to work and distract myself from the thought of Robbie. I really hope things will get better. I know he may seem like a bad guy but, I know the real him.

I sat in my office after taking a break, continuing to think about Y/n and what almost happened yesterday. It made me think back to a few years ago, she and I had a similar experience, and quite honestly, it made everything confusing for me at that time. It was right before I decided to leave to start acting again.

𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤...

Y/n and I had finished our routine check-in for the week, I'm so proud of where she is now. I walked out of the bathroom of my apartment with her drug test results. "Clean, again!" I cheered as I wrapped my arms around Y/n.

Since she got out of the rehab program, I'd been worried she'd fall back into all the drugs she'd been using. She and I made a pact that she wouldn't fall off the wagon as long as I made sure she and Kyler wouldn't be separated. So far, we'd both kept up our ends of the bargain. I can finally say she's in a happy place.

The home she's in hasn't reported any behavioral issues with her, she's back on track in school, she isn't hanging around her old friends anymore.

Kyler was currently out with the rest of the family they're staying with. I told Gracie I wanted to have a check-in with Y/n and talk about her progress and what not which was fine with her and Y/n. We're close so Y/n never minds having to stay back with me and missing out on activities and things of that nature.

"I think you've earned yourself a present." I said going over to my desk pulling out a wrapped gift before sitting beside her. "But, if I give it to you, you have to keep up the good work, I don't want this aiding in your old habits."

Y/n looked eager to get the present out of my hand but I pulled it back, smiling at her. "Promise?" I pointed. "Yes, Lizzie, I promise... now gift please." she begged knowing it could be any of the gifts she put on her list of incentives if she completed the program and stayed on track, improved her grades, and worked on her behavior and attitude.

I watched as her eyes lit up as she unraveled the box. "Holy shit!" Y/n exclaimed as she held up the box with the new iPhone inside. "Thank you thank you thank you!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me. I couldn't help but to feel overjoyed, it's been a long time coming and I'm just happy to see her smile like this again. "Just don't tell the other kids I got you that, I didn't get one for everyone." I smiled.

"Yeah I know, just your favorite." Y/n smirked making me smile even bigger.

"I don't have favorites." I replied making Y/n look at me knowingly. She settled down again looking over the iPhone, her eyes bright in amazement. "I already set it up, my numbers on speed dial- all that good stuff." She looked over to me as she put her hand on top of mine. "Thank you again, Lizzie. I don't know where I'd be without you." she said sincerely as I gripped her hand, holding onto it.

She and I looked at each other endearingly before she came closer. I felt glued to my spot as I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She leaned over, her face centimeters from mine as our noses brushed. My eyes fluttered shut and I rested my hand on her thigh, I wanted to pull her closer. Her lips brushed against mine and I immediately pulled back.