𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨.

𝐋𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Welcome to my humble abode, again." I said as I let Y/n into my home. She'd been here before when we were in a similar situation but she only stayed for once night.

I told Robbie he'd have to stay at his own place until I get Y/n situated somewhere else which may be a bit hard considering she has a record and we have to disclose those things with the people who open up their homes just for the safety of those living there.

"I don't know if you remember where the guest bedroom is but, come on, I'll show you." I walked ahead of Y/n as she grabbed her bags and followed me up the stairs. "My room is down the hall, across from the bathroom so if you need anything, I'll be in there." I said as I began to walk out of the guest room before Y/n grabbed my hand.

"Lizzie, you didn't have to do this. Plus, I don't want to get you into trouble at work if-"

"Hey, no, it's fine. I wasn't going to leave you there alone, I care too much. Plus, this is better than you being out on the street. It gives me a chance to keep an eye on you, I let you down once, I'm not doing that again." I said truthfully as I looked into her hazel eyes.

I noticed my hand was still in hers and she pulled her hand back before giving me a toothy grin. I'd been worried about her all day and for the first time, I felt like I could breathe. She's right here, she's not in some slummed out neighborhood passed out on drugs. I could finally breathe. She's safe.

As I'm sure you can tell, we're very close. Of course, she probably would've been better off if I didn't take a step back when she clearly wasn't ready for me to take my hands off. Y/n's been through a lot and I've been here for her. I've been her shoulder to cry on, her's and Kyler's.

After their mom died, she formed one connection in which she trusted someone again and that was with me. Obviously a little of that had to be due to the fact that she's attracted to me. Which is fine but, I had to separate myself a little bit at times because Y/n's very blunt most of the time.

She'll say how she feels with no problem and that's exactly how she is with me. Of course, she didn't completely act that way tonight but I'm sure that was due to the fact that she hasn't seen me in about 2 years or so. Aubrey and Scarlett used to tease that Y/n was my soulmate in another universe but obviously that'd be inappropriate, plus, I met Robbie and then we started dating. Of course to Y/n's dismay.

But besides all that, It's not just the fact that Y/n and Kyler's case was my first when I got into this business but, it's who she is. People give up on her after looking at her file or seeing the things she does. She may be rough around the edges but, she has so many more qualities about her that should be brought to the light.

I began to walk out of the room before I stop and turn back to her.
"Oh and Y/n..." I say catching her attention. "I'm a very light sleeper so don't try anything."
She nods at me. I could tell she was tired. I went into my room as she went into the bathroom to shower.

.  .  .
𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Lizzie and I had arrived to her office and I sat there, bored out of my mind as she sat at her desk going through case files and making phone calls.

She didn't want me out of her sight so she made me come in with her today, plus, Wayne will be stopping by to brief me on some things and she wanted to be present for it.

It was nice to finally have her back around. She looks so cute when she's focused. I looked down at my phone seeing messages from Zion and Tate coming in.

ZCook 🤑🍃:
Ayo, wya? We got sales to make.

Tater Tot ❤️‍🔥:
She's probably getting sloppy toppy rn 🤣