1

Nieyell Pov

I have always been a quiet and shy type of girl. I only have one best friend , whom I adore very much. Me and Chloe Langston met our first year in college. We both went to the University of Birmingham, Alabama. While I was the quiet friend, she was the loud and persuasive one.

We were on spring break when I decided to visit my parents. I am currently traveling to my home town, Virginia. I haven't seen them in 3 weeks because I've been busy. We talk on the phone everyday, but that doesn't beat the face-to-face actual conversations. My GPS notified that we have ten more minutes until we're there.

"Hi Mama! Hi Dad! I've missed you guys so much!" I yelled."Well hello my baby girl," mama said while pinching my cheeks. "Welcome home Nieyell. We've missed our one and only child," dad said. We were currently hugging until I pull apart. My parents are huggers, but I love them. "So, how's the college life?" mom asked excitedly. "It's going well Mama," I told her. Mom and Dad just stood there, smiling at me. I guess they're glad their baby girl is back.

———————————————————————————
5 hours later

This is a nice booth, I thought to myself. My parents took me out for dinner at my favorite place. "La Mexican" restaurant is known for the best birria tacos. I personally love them. Me and my family ate and chatted for a bit until it was time to go home. I had an amazing time telling them about the things me and Chloe did. We were currently on our way home.

We were now home and let me tell you, I was exhausted. My parents talked my head off, and I didn't really get any sleep. I stopped a couple of times while driving to Virginia. I feel sleep deprived lol.

I was finished with my hygiene routine, ready to go to bed. As I laid on my nice cold pillows with the air conditioner on, I thought about tomorrow. I needed to get my nails done and flat iron my hair. Gosh that's going to take a while, I thought.

———————————————————————————
the next morning

That was a well needed rest. I'm an early bird, and it's currently 7:15 a.m. I loved the mornings. I got out of bed and went to take a shower and do my daily hygiene routine. As I finished applying lotion to my body, I admired my thick figure in the mirror. I was a thick type of girl and kind of curvy. I have a stomach that I want to lose, but I'm too lazy to exercise. I'm also around 250. A big girl yes, I know. My hair was thick, and full of curls that came 2 inches past my shoulders. I was often called fat,(which I was) but that was my business.

As i made my way downstairs, my mom was in the kitchen drinking coffee. "Good Morning." I told my mom. "Morning Sweetie, how'd you sleep?" mom asked. "I slept very well." I answered truthfully. I was now stuffing a piece of bacon in my mouth. It was really good. As i was eating my eggs, dad walked into the kitchen to hug and kiss my mom. Kind of gross if you ask me. "Alright, enough you two." I told them. They've been married for 23 years and still act like they're high schoolers. I always wished to have their kind of love.

"Honey, we have something to tell you." mom said. I kind of got worried because of her shy tone. Mom was never a shy woman,(like me) so I was kind of worried. We were all sitting at the table, my parents looking at one another. It seemed like they were hesitant to speak. I was kind of getting annoying because it seems important, and they're acting like they're scared to tell me. "You're getting married." the said at the same time interrupting my thoughts.

I was now left laughing because what on earth possessed them into saying that. Hell, I don't even have a boyfriend. I've never introduced them to a boy either. "What no, that sounds ridiculous!" I said to them. They didn't say anything to me, in fact they looked guilty. My laughter died down and I was left looking at them, choosing not to believe what I've just heard. "What do you mean?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Honey, when you were 16, we made an agreement with the Dolson family. They helped our business from collapsing and almost sending us to file for bankruptcy. We agreed that when you turned 21, which you did 3 months ago, you would marry their son. Yes, it's an arranged marriage and it come with an contract. They also agreed to it because me and your father are trustworthy people.If you leave before the 1 year contract ends, they take our business and we become broke. We never meant to hurt you. We love you very much. The marriage is in 4 months time." mom explained.

I walked fast as hell to my room, grabbed my car keys, and left the house. I drove to the nearby park and sat in my car to digest the information they just presented me with. "Did I hear them correctly ?" I said out loud. I cannot believe my parents did such a horrible thing. As I sat at the park in my car, I started crying. I could not believe I'll be getting married soon, and I have no say so in the soon to be marriage. Who is this guy I'll be marrying first of all. Second of all, how do I if he's respectful or if he's a good person. I would hate to be with someone who resented me everyday because I'm fat. Like why would you care about that anyway. Guys could be horrible I tell ya.

As I sat in my car, I decided to look his parents up. I mean they are billionaires, so this shouldn't be hard. His parents, Reagan and Hunter Dolson did in fact, have a son. Reagan Dolson was a model and into cosmetics. Hunter Dolson owned a business that required him to have a very big building, tons of workers, and a lot of traveling on his end. His business is apparently going to be handed down to his son once he retires.

Looking at the family picture, their son was handsome if I do say so myself. He had a well built body, shoulder length hair, sharp blue eyes, and pretty white teeth. He was practically any woman's dream. Reading the blogs about him, I soon started not to like him. Many blogs posted him with different women every week and apparently, they referred to him as a womanizer. What a guy. I sat my Iphone 13 down and sighed. This is the worst day of my life.

Starting up my engine, I drove to a walk-in nail salon. Bobby, the woman that owns it was in there. Me and her became friends over the 3 years I've been going there. She was a black chubby woman. She had 3 kids and a husband. She's nice and she can always sense when something is wrong with me. I knew this conversation was going to be well needed, therefore, I braced myself to explain it to her.

———————————————————————————
3 hours later

My nails were dark brown with light brown hearts on my ring finger. They were really cute and I tipped Bobby and extra $40 since she only charged me $50 for these long nails. She always gave me discounts. Headed back home to parents home in my 2022 a Honda Accord, I realized that I needed to tell my best friend Chloe about this arrangement.

Pulling up in my parents driveway, I noticed 2 expensive looking vehicles there. I dreaded going inside. As I tried my best to sneak passed the living room and head up the stairs, I got caught. My mom called me and told me to come in the living room to meet my soon to be asshole husband. Walking in the living, I was greeted by a really nice, warm hug and greeting from the Dolson parents. Their son stared angrily at me and I tried my best to ignore home. Little did he know, I didn't want to marry his cocky looking ass either.

As my parents chatted with the Dolson parents, their arrogant son was on his phone, as was I, but he was shooting daggers at me. For what reason ? I don't know. But what he said interrupted me from scrolling through tiktok.