Prologue

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

-William Shakespeare

Elita's P.O.V

123 Years Ago

I whimpered and groaned as he dragged me across the floor of the dark forest by the chain on my ankle. My skin being ripped as the chain rubbed against it exposing my flesh. The horrid smell of my metallic blood filled the air as it sprayed out leaving a trail behind me.

"Oh King Killian is going to love this." The man with the masked face said as a deep chuckle rumbled through his chest and his eyes twinkled with pride. My head constantly hitting on logs for his own amusement.

I'm sure I should have had a concussion by now.

"Fuck you!" I said between groans, his face contorted to one of displeasure as he roughly dropped my leg he was holding onto before stepping on it. I screamed as the sound of my bone being crushed echoed through the forest.

My eyes burned from my tears as I looked at the man who looked back at me with his head held high and a look of triumph. My ankle was bent in the opposite direction as I struggled to move my foot.

It wasn't long after he proved he had the upper hand of the situation before he started dragging me again. My hands felt sore from the ropes around them and I'm pretty sure my back had scratches from being dragged on the floor this long.

It felt like my ankle was being detached from my body as he continued to pull me by it, I could feel the muscles and tissues be torn. My vision began to get blurry, I started gasping for breaths as I struggled to breathe from the overwhelming pain.

"Oh no, you don't get to die yet." Was this last thing I heard before I blacked out.

*******************************

I stirred as I opened my eyes before blinking profusely from the bright light as I heard loud chants, growls, and hisses. Looking at my surrounding I saw white steaks pointed towards me, fire sticks and forks.

Typical huh

I realized I was restrained as I attempted to move forward but couldn't. Feeling my foot I saw there was a piece of bandage over it to stop the bleeding. I was tied to a tree by chains and shackles.

How long have I been out?

"Look who's finally awake." A gruff voice said as the person trailed a hand down my face before placing a knife against my neck, I didn't hesitate as I spit directly on him. His eyes twitched while he wiped it from his cheeks. He then gently applied pressure as I felt blood running down.

I refused to make a sound or squirm under his gaze as I looked at him. He place the tip of the knife in his mouth, then licked it clean. A soft moan erupted from his throat as he looked at me with a nasty grin.

"I'll make sure to kill you last Elita." He said leaning in as he chuckled darkly, his gaze never leaving mine.

King Killian

King of all vampires, he stood at his 6'3 figure with his ashy grey hair and dull black eyes.

I didn't hide my disgust while I resisted the urge to make his blood boil. Or maybe that would be too easy for him. I giggled at how elated I felt at the thoughts of how I could kill him.

The method was only as effective as the person orchestrating it, to get the desired effect so the use of restraints would be required. That look of initial shock and confusion slowly melting into a gaze of pure emptiness with only a glimpse of hope to keep them conscious and aware of their situation.