10. Silent Anger

"Silence is the language of anger that has found peace." -Unknown

Octavia's P.O.V

Tick

Tick

Tick

The constant ticking of the clock echoed through the room, bouncing off the walls. It caused a feeling of uneasiness to pool at the bottom of my stomach. I could feel their emotions, raging through me, which was undoubtedly unsettling.

The rage, it's unbound, it's twisted, it's dark, it's unrecognizable. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt the Kings' temper rise. Livid would be an understatement right now.

They Knew.

They knew I slept with Silas, and they knew I enjoyed every bit of it. An unsteady breath left me as I clutched my head in my arms and slid down the side of the bed their emotions clawing at my chest. My eyes wandered over to the clock as I counted the seconds before shit hits the fan.

Thundering footsteps came marching in the direction of the room, I braced myself. I wasn't a wolf but I didn't need to be to hear the loud steps approaching quickly. The doorknob turned and opened, both Kings entered the room and shut the door with the lock behind them. Both their gazes burned holes through me, yet they said nothing and if I'm being completely honest. Their silence is scarier than their anger.

"Octavia," The ice in Vincenzo's voice caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up. I didn't look at him or Orion. I just kept staring at the clock as the time had arrived.

Tick

Tick

Tick

Tock

The moving of the clock arms and our breathing the only sound to be heard in the room. Their cold gaze never wavering, I could feel my heartbeat speed up as their waves of anger painted the walls of the room.

I tilted my head and sat up, "Vincenzo, Orion." I acknowledged them with an innocent look on my face. If they thought they could control me and keep me locked up they had another guess coming. Wolves were naturally sexual creatures, regardless of mates there was always a few in open relationships. I don't know what the situation was with Silas and his mate but I didn't care enough because I'd still do it again.

The growl that left Orion caused me jump in fright, Vincenzo stood quiet glaring at me with an unknown emotion. The room began to feel like it was closing in. I was beginning to suffocate.

A few minutes had passed and the deafening silence in the room became exceedingly loud as I ran my hand through my hair. I look at Vincenzo and saw lines beneath his eyes.

This must have really affected them.

I wasn't entirely sure how this mate thing worked, sure I knew what they were and the mate pull but only to a extent. The idea of being connected to someone in a profound and undeniable way for eternity just didn't sit well with me. I didn't know it would be this serious. Even though I didn't want a mate I could feel the remorse seeping up my veins rapidly. 

Guilt

Why was I beginning to feel guilty? I'm my own woman I can do whatever I want. It was at this moment I began to ponder on Silas, wondering if they had done anything to him since they were so filled with rage.

Guilt for how selfish I was for not thinking about the aftermath of my actions.

My throat now dry and they both stood still not saying a word, just looking at me with stern gazes. "Well gentlemen, this has been fun and as much as I enjoy starring at you both all day...I do have a nap to take so..."I said with a sly smile ignoring the emotional turmoil going on inside me.

I could still feel their emotions, for some unknown reason it began to make my heart feel heavy. I avoided their gaze as I turned back and attempted to go towards the bed. I felt long fingers wrap around my arm and pull me into a solid chest. The sparks erupted and I immediately knew it was Vincenzo.

Panic rose within my chest as I didn't know what was going to happen next. The confident girl I know who had no regret caving in as his hands began to run up my arm to my shoulders turning me back around to face him. Now replacing her was the girl I didn't know, shy, timid and itching for this man's touch.

My breath picked up its pace as I didn't know what was happening. These men were so unpredictable. Ironically they were wolves and yet they reminded me of foxes. Predators that roamed in the shadows and watched your every move and I knew once they found their prey they wouldn't stop until its dead.

I was now feeling another warmth behind me, breaking me from my trance as Orion's large hands circled my waste trapping me between them.

"Did his hands feel better on you than ours?" A gruff voice spoke behind me, tightening his grip with each word.

Silence

I remained quiet not knowing if this was a trap, rhetorical question or if he was genuinely curious. Because in no way did Silas come anywhere close to this. He was a good fuck, absolutely but this...It was better than when Silas touched me...this was ecstatic.

"Did your heart beat this fast for him?"

More Silence

I gasp as I felt a soft lips rubbing on my cheekbones.

"Did he kiss you better than I have?"

Confusion

I've never kissed Vincenzo so he couldn't exactly expect me to answer his question.

His hands trailed my cheekbones tilting my head up to look at him. His touch was aggressive but gentle, like aggression was a part of his nature. I looked into his sky blue eyes, and in a matter of seconds his lips connected with mine. A myriad of emotions surging through me as I stood there speechless. I could feel another set of lips on my neck placing light kisses in a trail.

Where these men not angry?

I lean more into Orion as it felt like my legs were giving out. Sparks exploded everywhere causing my mind to go haywire.

The moment, though it felt ephemeral quickly ended when I felt sharp teeth on both sides of my neck. My eyes snap open and my breathing sped up, realizing that I couldn't move my hands now as they were both held and I had no escape being trapped between them both.

"Octavia...you're quite the trouble." I heard with a deep chuckle.

"I agree brother." Vincenzo's velvety voice sounded by my ear. My eyes filled with tears as I knew what was happening.

Marked

I was gonna get marked. Could my life possibly get any worse?

Waves of panic flooded my chest and I was now shaking frantically between them, but I refused to show any ounce of fear or regret on my face. A slight whimper escapes me as the last thing I could remember before I black out was the increased pressure on my neck and the sparks that burned my skin.

 A slight whimper escapes me as the last thing I could remember before I black out  was the increased pressure on my neck and the sparks that burned my skin