9. Reflection

"I have always preferred the reflection of life to the life itself."         

-Francios Truffaut

Octavia's P.O.V

I shiver as the warmth of his body leaves the bed, creating an indent at where he once lay. The silence of the room slowly becomes suffocating while I watch him put on his boxers and pants.

He rakes a hand through his hair, staring off in the far distance through the tinted glass windows. Day was just beginning to light outside, the sun now taking its time to come into view.

Memories of last night flash through my mind of how Silas made me lose control. How my moans filled the room as the man I barely knew kissed away my aching pain, my back arching at the pleasure.

I was quite content with my actions. Not an ounce of regret surged through me. Rubbing my eyes, I sit upright. With his shoulders tense he stood there as if lost in thought. He hadn't spoken a word to me since morning.

My legs were still sore from the mind blowing sex we had. I had seen Silas in all his glory before but, it didn't prepare me for his long length and wide grit. The way how my pussy convulsed around him and how he pounded into me at inhumane speed was truly amazing.

He tantalized me with each thrust of his body making me feel like I was gonna faint from pleasure. My cheeks taint red at the memories. How he handled me with such tenderness and with raw passion. He was rough but gentle at the same time. As much as I wanted to admit what we did was wrong I couldn't help but sit here and savor the moment. The warmth of his body gave me a sensation that I didn't want to end.

The pain I was feeling yesterday was long gone, all that was left was a craving for Silas's long hard cock. Slowly leaving the bed, my feet come in contact with the cold tiled floor causing a shiver to run through me.

Clearing my throat his eyes snap to mine. He didn't hide the fact that he was staring at my naked body. I was fully aware that he saw all of me before but regardless I still grab the sheet and wrap it around myself, my cheeks turning an even darker shade of pink.

"Silas-"

"Octavia-"

The room falls silent when we both begin to speak at the same time. He chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck before I say "You first."

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened last night, I took advantage of you when you were vulnerable. I-I wasn't thinking straight."

It wasn't a mistake.

I was thinking straight.

"-and I have a mate, so we really shouldn't have done that."

My heart falls at his words. I look at Silas as he avoids eye contact with me. Shame radiating off him thickening the air. Suddenly I felt angry, disappointed and sad. Confused at the random wave of emotions. I bite the inside of my cheek, gripping the sheet tighter and plastered a fake smile before saying in a blasé tone "You're right, It was a mistake."

But I didn't want it to be. It didn't feel like it.

A cold shiver runs down my spine when he calls my name when I walk past him.

"You should go."

"Octavia-"

"Leave Silas."

Go home to your mate.

I still didn't understand, Silas was undoubtedly attractive however, I had no feelings towards him so why does it feel like he betrayed me when he said he had a mate.

Hearing the door slam behind him I head to the bathroom. I stare at my reflection in the mirror, my long waves now a mess.

A mess

What I've been my whole life.

I missed the freedom I had when I was in control of my own life. Now I just felt like a prisoner all over again as if six years wasn't enough.

A dark chuckle escapes me when I think about the past month of my life. After being kidnaped by a King, finding out I have two mates, a failed escape, being imprisoned for days, tricked, fucking both my mates cousin who has his own mate and still doing the hardest thing of all...Finding the willpower to live and survive.

Does it get any worse from here?

And on top of all that, I still have to ensure he doesn't find me. My laughs get louder, crazier before turning to sobs.

I stare at my reflection who was laughing back at me. The pathetic look on my face only fueled my anger more. Maybe it wasn't Silas I was angry towards, maybe it was myself.

I'm angry because I was tired of everything. I'm angry because I have gotten used to the silent treatment and constant imprisonment from both Orion and Vincenzo. I'm angry because I'm weak.

I glare at myself in the mirror, surprised when my eyes begin to glow a bright red and the glass shatters. I stumbled over my feet as I fell back in fright, my head missing the hard tiles on the wall by an inch.

Towering over the shattered shards of glass, my heart rate not slowing, I took up a piece inspecting it. I'm pretty sure I was alone in the bathroom, so it was no doubt my uncontrolled doing.

I drop the glass hissing in pain when it pricks at my skin, blood now dripping on the pieces. My eyes widen when I see my usual red blood now black.

What some people would consider a paranormal occurrence amused me when the blood began to bubble forming a Crescent shape with the glass.

It shined and began to burn words engraving on the back. Carefully picking up what now looked to be a pendant I add it to my mental note of fucked up think that are yet to have answers.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Alphas of Aedion | 18+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें