CHAPTER 2-Punishment of lie

Previously on Thanatos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"her" she points at some direction I don't know because our heads are hung low.

With one Swift I am being carried by large hands and within the reflex of time I'm kneeling on the ground.

'Maybe today is the day I'll die'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No... no..no did she point at me, who am kidding ofcourse she did.

But why? I don't wanna die

"Did you or did you not" Colonel ask in stern tone. I know he is talking to me. But i dare not to look at him.

I quickly try to reply "No" but my voice comes out slow. I look towards the women direction who had accused me.

Our eyes lock she has tears, her eyes filled with of guilt and shame and slowly she lowers her hand to her belly.

I immediately avert my eyes from her.

I noticed something, but I don't look at her. But my brain

I notice her bump..... is she......... pregn...a...t... and then I knew she wasn't the criminal for this case either she was to feed herself in this state or she needed more coins for her child to save.

Her love for her unborn child brought tears in my eyes.

I don't think I could see her getting beheaded, so i spoke certain words which could drag me north.

"YES... Colonel it's was me. It was me to put weight in my basket" i blurt straight. Wow that was powerful.

Zoe you are not talking to a normal male but The Colonel of kingdom of Aurum. I remind myself.

"I see" Colonel replies uninterested.

Way to go Zoe........

"Please forgive me for my greediness" this would be enough to convince Colonel I guess. And enough to get me killed.

I don't know from where the confident rose in my soul but it felt good to speak strongly. But with the cost of your life....not worth it.

Colonel chuckle first and then erupts into laughter.

This was not the reaction I was expecting.

"One of you is lying. How dare you WOMEN lie. In front of your leader who protects you" He spits with anger. I feel the ground shivers no it's just me.

"Speak" He command.

"It....." The women starts to speak.

"It wa..s me Colonel" I inject filled with nervousness

Trust me I've gone crazy

"Okk...... let's do this, we all know Once a thief always a thief" he speaks with venom in his voice.

"A thief cannot leave his hormone of stealing. So I command staff soldiers to keep an eye on everyone specially her" He points at the women who accused me. And continues

"As per you little girl. A lie is always a lie, you will be sent to Mount Zipon where you will learn what happens to liars" He tells with smirk in his face. My soul shivered by his words, Mount Zipon has always been mystery to us. Not to forget general is Warrior. Lairs has no place in Mount Zipon.

"Sin prepare her travel. She will leave Now" He tells sin the staff soldiers.

So he didn't believe my lie. I look towards the women she smiles through her eyes.

I touch my belly and gesture towards her to take care. She smiles wiping her tears. We both know we can't do anything here so I smile to her.

Our Town head arrives not long bringing my sack filled with my belongings.

I got up from the ground, the people of the town has dispersed none of them are getting paid due to the mess but are allowed to take vegetables for today. I look at the Colonel direction and he is already moving back to palace.

Sin come near me and holds my arms and starts pulling me.

I'm being guided towards the cart. The cart is silver in colour with brown horses tied in front, the wheels are golden.

I'm scared.nerves.Pained.my whole body is just processing the entire information. I see soldier Sin approaching.

After Sin conversing with the Freedmen. The cart starts moving. As I look through the small window made on both side of the wall of the chart. I see Palsi looking in my direction. Without knowing my cheeks become wet. I don't know what it is but it looks like our last goodbye. Slowly Palsi becomes smaller like an ant as the distance grows.

There are long straight silver benches opposite to each other. Though the chart seems to look small from outside, inside is comparatively long. I'm sitting on the right side of the bench.

After sometime of sitting alone. The chart come to halt in front of tall walls. It look so tall that if a man from inside try to jump he would instantly die. And if a man tries to climb the wall from outside he will take at least 2 days to reach top. It's so tall......

Lost in my thoughts the Door open wide and 20 workers dressed in brown colour steps inside. Some are male while some are female. All of them are covered from head to toe. Not even their face is visible while I'm completely exposed compare to them. My face is exposed, hands and neck. While them. Why is everything so weird today.

Are they criminal. Am I getting killed already.

The Chart starts moving after everyone settled. The journey to Mount Zipon is comparatively long. I'm tired, I'm hungry, I want to rest. With that i close my eyes and rest my head on the wall of chart to support.

I jerk open my eyes as I feel someone pinching my cheeks. I see a human covered from head to toe holding a plate of food.

"Take it, eat it" she hands m food. I assumed she is a girl. She is covered fully from head to toe. Especially in her eyes. I say her thank you and gesture her to sit beside me. But she walks away. I feel disappointed but starts eating food.

The food is simple loafs of bread and that's it.

As I was eating I see the same girl walking towards me and sits beside me.

I look at her and she is lost in deep thought.

We eat in silence.

I want to ask her so many things my mind has listed trillion of questions. But she seems more lost than I am.

Please vote ⭐

Hey beautiful readers.

How was it, did you like it ?

Any comments on Mount Zipon?

Any views why the Girl and others are fully covered?

Thank you for reading :)

Your Author