Chapter 18-Green liquid

Previously on Thanatos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will ask for correction my Queen. Wife-She is my wife" He said those words strongly then bringing my hands to his mouth he planted sweet kiss on the back of my hands.

Bam I blushed

Bam I blushed harder

Thud I melted

Wife that sound beautifully pleasant.

This can't be real and I am not hallucinating. Isn't both the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe Pov.

"But you are not married yet!" Queen pressurize the last word. I could feel the entire table smirk in Queen's attempt.

"Yes Lord, Until your marriage she is considered nobody to you" One of the man in the table said and I was slightly affected by his words and after that few light chuckles were heard. I was praying that there action should not offend him.

I looked towards the man who had just announced me as his wife. He Sat calm in his chair enjoying his meal. I think he sensed my discomfort when he lifted his eyes to meet mine.

"Are you finished?" He asked calmly. How can he be calm when the entire table doesn't wants our presence.

"Hmm" I just hummed in my response. He nodded taking the last bite from his fruit bowl. Adorable

He stood up from the majestic chair alerting all of them present. I could feel all the eyes taking hidden glances of him But none dared to look at him in his eyes. He extended his hands for me and this time I quickly grabbed his hands, shocking him a little he helped me out of my chair and as we were about to leave Queen stood up from her chair.

She poured a green liquid in three glasses. We just stood t looking at her actions "Shall we" She said mentioning to the glass. After that many maids entered bringing the same liquid and started placing them in front of all minister "a little congratulatory drink for your future" She told her eyes shining with some hidden desire she passed the glasses to both General and me.

One of the maids brought to the glass for both General and me. Her hair was tightly braided and put up in a bun. She was scared and when she approached General her hands started trumbling in nervousness. General does looks terrifying in person. I went forward to hold her trumbling hand and took the glasses from her and handed the glass to him. She bowed her head and disappeared in the crowd.

"For General's new beginning" Queen announced lifting her glass mid in the air and all roared the same.

I looked at the drink in my hands hesitate a bit. I saw General gulp the drink in one go. Queen was almost done too. Some wierd feelings were boiling in my stomach. Maybe because I was a different species present here.

Or

Say I don't belong here.

For the last time I looked at the drink. I sighed heavily.

It's just a drink. What could possibly go wrong. I thought I brought the glass near my lips and it smelled wierd without thinking further I drank the liquid completely like I was used to it.

Spolied

Weird

Burning...Yes burning.

Why is my throat burning, that liquid brought burning senses in my throat. Should I complain? No. It is just the start if I start complaining from the beginning then I'm not going to survive this Place. They sure do have weird habits but I will conquer it all.

I will.... little by little.

If not for me then for him I looked to my side he was standing near. Looking right inside my eyes. It felt like he was waiting for me to turn so he could get clear view of me. Why are you so beautiful. I wishpered to my inner soul but I wished he listened.

I want to hear his response on this.

He brought his hands nearer to my face and pushed few strands of my hair behind my ears. I smiled to him to which he replied with a straight face. I think I should get used to his cold behaviour but unfortunately I'm not.

I want him to smile at me.

I want him to talk to me freely.

I want him to Be himself when he is around me. A little kindness and gentleness will be sufficient for me.

~

I was in a long corridor a really long corridor walking by myself. Dinner was over and all went to there respective way while I am on my way. Queen was not a bit happy with me and if I start counting then all ministers are on same phase with her.

Do General think the same? What if he thinks the same. The only person I know here is General and if I count in these entire Kingdom. I know Plasi and few of the Level 1 workers. Will anybody even find out about me if I am gone for a long time.

The answer came..No one.

It feels like I don't have anyone standing there for me. Waiting for me to say everything was going to be good one day. I wish my mother was with me. I am pathetic. Slowly some unpleasant thoughts started taking turns.

"Why is this corridor so long" I spoke to myself frustrated.

"I can't walk further" I huffed and mumbled to myself.

Someone's chuckles behind me. I froze. I turned a little and peeked from my side view. There was a boy nearly p of my age standing behind me, looking at me amused. He seemed like he was laughing at me.

So.....I did not turn instead started walking speedily.

"We are prohibited to run inside Palace, My Grace" He spoke firmly but I could hear him laugh. I turned and folded my hands in my chest he was few steps far as my speed made some distance between us. He had a mischievous smile on his face which was not settling well with me.

"It's even prohibited to smile" I said pointing at his face. Now what's with this new thing who is Grace.

"You seems to be not in good state, My Grace" This time he spoke politely.

"Hmm" I hummed and started walking in his direction. On reaching near him I smelled something beautiful.. something known.. something familiar

Berries

He smelled like berries. Fruity berries. Sweet berries He looked at me with curious filled eyes.

"Berries.." I murmured next I knew I was in paradise.

I was wrapped in clouds away from my mystery life. Away from everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I'm posting a bit late. Kindly forgive me for late updates.

Enjoy....

Stay safe.