Two

Darrell stood in the middle of his camp, speaking to his Beta, Finn.

"We have guards patrolling the northeastern lands of the territory, but there is no sign of the Black Isibisk," Finn reported, keeping his back straight and his eyes on Darrell's.

The King kissed his teeth and nodded, looking away. They had been touring the entire Wolfsbane Union for those ugly creatures. Darrell covered it up with the fact that he was the King and he needed to see every bit of his lands.

They were settled in the woods of a small Pack called Sweet Moon in a small village called Foxberry Crook. This was the closest town to the northeast border. And since there weren't any inns in the small village, the King had his men pitch tents in the crevice of the trees even though the Alpha of the pack had deeply implied they sleep in his own home.

But Darrell wasn't the type of King to throw out a family from their home just for him to sleep in a bed that wasn't his.

"I see," Darrell said, tapping his chin. "There have been attacks obviously caused by them. How come we can't find them now?"

The Beta shrugged. A casual movement. "I don't know, sire. They seem to have different--if not more--abilities than we thought they had.

Darrell scratched his scruffy chin, losing himself in thought. They had been searching for months for the Black Isibisk. They were a demon capable of unforgivable chaos and unrepairable destruction. Right before the Royal Tour started, three cities had been destroyed, slaughtering the King's beloved people.

His thoughts broke when a loud, animalistic howl tore through the soft calm of the camp. It was definitely a wolf, but what reason would there be for such a sound?

Growls vibrated through the camp, causing goosebumps to cover Darrell's skin. "Clawback, report!"

His General's voice echoed in his head. There is some sort of attack outside south of the camp. I can't identify what is exactly happening.

Darrell jumped into motion. "Everyone, follow!"

He started to run, hearing his men's footsteps behind them. As they got deeper into the trees, Darrell heard a whimper and shallow breathing. Someone was about to be mugged by the sounds of it.

The King started towards the area where the animalistic sounds were coming from. There was a small clearing where there was a dark lump on the ground as three figures emerged from the darkness in the bright moonlight above it.

As Darrell came closer, he realized that the dark lump on the ground was a person. A woman, in fact. And she was naked.

But curled up in a ball, she held her arms and legs close to her body, keeping anything major covered. Darrell caught the flutter of her corkscrew curls in the breeze as he stopped where the men noticed him.

The scene before him made him angry. A woman was on the ground, crying and choking for air because she was knocked onto the ground. While his eyes gazed upon her, the familiar sweet, savory scent he had only smelled twelve years ago hit his nose.

"What is going on here!" Darrell shouted, anger boiling up in his gut.

She lifted her head and the beautiful, familiar brown eyes looked up, pleading for him to rescue her. The familiar scar around her right eye struck at his brain and the same scene from that day when she was a little girl and he was only eighteen flooded his mind.

Jazlyn.

Her eyes flowed with recognition as she gasped, trying to make herself smaller as she gripped her body together.