Twelve

Darrell was in heaven.

Jazlyn was sprawled next to him, asleep from the countless times they had made love through the night. Surprisingly, no one had bothered, interrupted, or checked on them.

Maybe the rumors were already spreading.

He sat up and scrubbed his hand over his face. How was he going to break it off with Olena? She would throw a fit when he told her the news. But he had found his mate. And his stupid self was impatient and ignorant to even wait for Jazlyn to come around.

Finn. Bring Olena to my study, Darrell demanded as he stood, gathering his clothes. He leaned down and kissed Jazlyn, watching her eyes flutter open. She hummed with a smile.

"I've got some work to do. I'll be back later, sweetheart," he whispered, caressing her face before leaving the room.

Immediately he almost bumped into his mother.

"Darrell! I've been looking for you everywhere! You just up and left the dance. How rude!" Louraine lectured, throwing her arms up.

"I know, Mother, how inconsiderate of me. But I had to check on my fated mate," Darrell said.

Shock and confusion took over her features. "What? Your what?"

Darrell leaned to the side, giving his mother a view of the woman in bed.

Her eyes darted to the open door and a slow, mischievous smile spread on her lips. "Darrell, you naughty boy. You better go and it with Olena. Now."

"That's what I'm doing, Mother," Darrell huffed, closing the door and side stepping the Queen. "I just asked Finn to bring her to me."

Louraine nodded and yawned. "Okay, then. I'm going to go to bed. The Dance is finished and I am beat. Goodnight, dear."

"Goodnight, Mother." Darrell marched down the hall towards his study. As he passed by a door, he froze upon hearing lewd, loud noises.

"Oh, my love, give it to me!" a familiar feminine voice moaned with a huff. Darrell's chest tightened as his stomach churned.

A man's voice came through after hers. "I'm going to give it to you, Olena. I'm going to give it all to you!"

Hearing them both climax, Darrell filled with rage. He had no room to speak since he had just been in Jazlyn's bed, but where was the faithfulness? At least he had the decency to break it off. How long has she been going behind his back? And with how many men?

He was the King, Gods damn it. Such actions were disrespectful and condescending. Especially it being his future Queen.

He stood there with his arms crossed when he heard the rustle of their clothing and the hushed whispers of them getting dressed. Once the door opened, Olena's face went pale as she laid her eyes upon him.

"D-Darrell! It's not what it looks like!" she blurted, clapping her hands over her mouth.

"And it's not what it sounded like, either?" he growled, glaring at the man behind her.

Lewis. His Gamma slowly walked up behind her. The color left his face when he noticed the King standing before him.

"D-Darrell!" Lewis exclaimed, stumbling back. "I- We- It's. . ."

"How long?" Darrell growled, not letting him speak.

Lewis scratched the back of his head as Olena bit her lip.

Darrell's lip lifted in disgust. "No one is going to answer me?"

"Eight months," Olena mumbled, flinching. She turned her head, avoiding her head.