four

• ☽ • ☽ ︽ ☾ • ☾ •

Willa winds up passing out before she can hear the result of the rest of the boys' night, and Scott is gone the following morning by the time she manages to crawl out of bed.

Deaton also informs her around lunchtime that Scott called out of his after-school shift claiming to be sick which only worries her even more. She turns her full focus to the patients she sees to keep her anxiety at bay, but that only works until it's time to clock out at five-thirty.

Willa messages Stiles after work to ask what's going on, but even he seems to be ignoring her as she never gets a response.

It's after dark when Scott finally trudges through the front door. Willa and Melissa are cleaning up from their small dinner before Melissa's late shift when they hear the door open and slow footsteps going up the stairs. They share a glance between one another before Melissa nods her head towards the ceiling and Willa lets her know she'll finish up the dishes while she goes to talk to Scott.

Once the last few dishes are clean and drying on the rack beside the sink, Willa makes her way up as well.

"'Right now'? I'm sorry, what do you mean 'right now'? Have you ever taken drugs?" She hears Melissa ask Scott incredulously as she makes it to the top of the stairs.

It's silent for a moment as Willa walks down the hallway, passing the door to her room and continuing to Scott's. "Have you?" Her cousin asks his mother.

The look on Melissa's face as Willa leans against Scott's doorway makes her giggle to herself quietly.

"Get some sleep," Melissa tells her son. Apparently, she can't answer that question with honesty without seeming like a hypocrite.

Scott plops face-down onto his bed as his mother leaves the room, leaving him and Willa alone after muttering a quick goodbye. Scott's laptop rings with an incoming video call before she's able to ask what happened the night before. Scott doesn't seem to be getting up anytime soon, so Willa takes it upon herself to answer the call for him.

Stiles pops up as soon as she answers, shooting a light-up toy gun at the camera with a goofy smile plastered on his face.

Willa smiles, rolling her eyes playfully. "You're an actual child."

"Where's Scott?" Stiles asks. Willa moves out of the way so he can see Scott lying on the bed. "That bad, huh?"

"What happened?"

"Well, he separated Jackson's shoulder at lacrosse practice," Stiles informs. A loud groan emits from Scott, but he still doesn't move. Willa raises a brow in question, allowing Stiles to elaborate, "He's our star player. Scott also almost shifted on the field today and nearly killed me in the locker room."

"What!?"

Scott groans again but does finally get up and stand behind Willa so he can participate in the conversation. "He sprayed me with a fire extinguisher," he pouts.

Willa snorts, "Kind of sounds like you deserved it, bud."

"I wouldn't worry about Jackson because he had it coming, too. He's a tool," Stiles scoffs.