five

• ☽ • ☽ ︽ ☾ • ☾ •

The following Monday, Willa receives a few texts from Stiles while he and Scott are in school that she doesn't see until her morning break:

Mischief

Scott might have killed Allison
on a school bus

Wait actually he didn't we
just found her lol

But he definitely might have
mauled a bus driver. Turn on
the news

Willa rushes to the waiting area and flips on the TV in the corner to the local news channel. She really wishes she hadn't when she sees the gruesome scene before her.

Behind the reporter, a school bus has had its back door nearly torn from the hinges and blood smeared on the yellow paint surrounding it. Even from the distant view of the camera, blood can also be seen dripping down the bench seats inside. Willa lets out a long, drawn-out sigh. Please don't let this be Scott's fault. She watches the broadcast closely, seeing Sheriff Stilinski walk around the scene in the background as the reporter informs the viewers of what all the investigation into the attack has revealed so far.

She does text Stiles back to thank him for keeping her in the loop and to ask what exactly happened. Willa hadn't seen even a trace of her cousin this morning, so she isn't exactly sure how Scott could have been involved in the bus driver's attack. She and Deaton wind up having an emergency surgery over lunch so she doesn't get another chance to check her messages until her afternoon break:

Mischief

He had a dream last night that he attacked Allison
on the bus. Turns out that dream might not have
been completely a dream. He doesn't remember
what happened, though

We just found out Scott knew the driver. He used
to drive his bus when he lived with his dad

Scott also just agreed to go on a double date with
Lydia and Jackson. They're going bowling, Will.
Bowling.

Hey Will do you think I'm attractive to gay guys?

She's still laughing over that last text when Scott rushes into the clinic, apologizing to Deaton for being late. He didn't have lacrosse practice today, so his starting time was 3:30. Willa checks the time on the upper corner of her phone's screenー3:32.

"You're all of two minutes late," Deaton dismisses Scott's worry. "It's like I told Willa the other dayーwe're all entitled to be late sometimes."

Scott places his bag in the corner behind the table Willa stands at. "I just don't want you to think I'm slacking. Hey, Will."

Deaton continues to go through the cardboard box full of supplies that had been delivered earlier. "Scott, I guarantee you, you're one of the least slacking kids in this town."

Scott smiles at the older man as he lifts the box and takes it over to the table in the corner beside Scott. Willa frowns as she notices her cousin stiffen. She follows his gaze to the door that leads into the waiting area and instantly spots Noah through the window looking quite serious. Her heart drops and she unconsciously takes a small step closer to Scott.

The sheriff smiles as he opens the door and it takes a moment for Willa to realize he's leading one of the department's K-9s into the room by a leash.

Deaton lights up at the sight of the german shepherd, "Hey, I see somebody's ready to get their stitches out!"