nine

• ☽ • ☽ ︽ ☾ • ☾ •

"I'm telling you, Scotty, we parked on level five," Willa groans, shuffling the few grocery bags she's carrying to get a better grip before they slip from her hands.

She really thinks Scott gave her the heavier bags on purpose. He hadn't been very ecstatic when Willa told him what happened at Derek's with Kate and the other hunters, not that she expected him to be, but he's been pissy with her ever since so she assumes this is his subtle way of getting back at her for being there in the first place.

"No, we parked on three," he counters with a roll of his eyes. He shoves open the door that brings them out onto the third level of the parking garage. As Willa looks him up and down, she realizes he's not even breathing heavily. Stupid werewolves.

Willa follows him through the door, smirking in satisfaction when he curses to himself and pivots back toward the stairwell.

"Scott!" She exclaims once they make it up another flight of stairs, only for her younger cousin to burst through the door marking the fourth level. "Level five! We parked on level five!"

He ignores her. If Scott realizes he's wrong once again, he doesn't let Willa see it as he continues walking through the fourth level of the parking deck. She huffs, but concedes and follows him anyway. She never has liked the vibe that parking decks give off for some reason, especially at night, so she surely doesn't want to be left on her own in one.

At the end of the row of cars, Scott throws his head back with a groan, but still doesn't let Willa know she's right. Scott sets his bags down as he digs his mom's car keys from his pocketーWilla had taken Daffodil in for an oil change on her lunch break, and Scott is supposed to take her to go pick up her beloved vehicle after they get groceries.

With a grateful sigh, Willa sets her bags down as well just as her phone buzzes in her pocket. Her brows furrow at the ominous text displayed on the screen.

Pretty Boy

It's me.

Before she can text back to ask what the hell that's supposed to mean, a car alarm chirps in the distance. Scott looks toward the ceiling, and Willa has to physically restrain herself from letting the I told you so slip off the tip of her tongue. From the glare on Scott's face, the look on her own face apparently says it for her.

A bottle of milk slips from one of Scott's bags and the pair of cousins both make a dash after it. They're both just a moment too slow as it rolls underneath a car to their left.

Willa straightens as it rolls back toward them forebodingly with a trail of milk escaping three slashes in the plastic. She takes a deep breath as Derek's text registers, and she nearly whines as she realizes she's about to have to run with a werewolf again. She looks around carefully to see if she can catch a glimpse of the broody werewolf but doesn't see anything out of the ordinary.

A soft but deep growl encompasses them. Scott tenses beside her, head tilted to the side as he listens closer for whatーor who, ratherーit might be. Willa meets Scott's eyes, and she nearly frowns at how terrified the boy looks. A split second later and they're running.

Willa curses every God she can think of followed shortly after by the ones she doesn't know as her lungs and muscles burn. She still hadn't fully recovered from running with Derek the other day. Derekーfuck him, too, for doing this while she's with Scott.