seven

• ☽ • ☽ ︽ ☾ • ☾ •

On the next to last day of January, Willa is more than ecstatic to finally have a night to herself after moving back to Beacon Hills nearly a month prior. It's a Sunday night and Melissa is once again on the late shift while Scott is off doing... something or another. He told Willa he would be out, and she practically shooed him out of the house.

Willa spends the evening cleaning the house, something she's always found therapeutic, before deciding to go pick something up for dinner.

Her favorite pizza place is in the West Hills, so she makes her way down Circle Street, past Beacon Hills College, then takes a right onto Devon Street. The pizza parlor is right down the street from Greenvale Park, and if it wasn't nearly dark and so cold she might consider eating there.

She thanks the few employees as she leaves, getting a halfhearted goodnight in reply from one of them. As she climbs back in her car, she makes a split decision to stop by the video store on her way home. Willa still hasn't unpacked most of her boxes, and she really doesn't feel like trying to find the one with all of her movies in it.

Video 2☆C probably isn't the best video store in town, but Willa supposes it will do. It's the closest one to her house, and she really doesn't want to have to reheat her pizzaーit always takes on a rubber texture after it's reheated.

No other cars are in the parking lot as she pulls up, but the sight of a few posters hanging in the windows of movies she's been wanting to see has her pushing the leery feeling she gets aside.

Willa stays on high alert as she steps out of her car, but as she approaches the front door of the store, headlights nearly blind her as another car pulls into the lot. Squinting past the bright headlights, the sight of Lydia Martin and Jackson Whittemore nearly makes her roll her eyes, but she instead forces a friendly smile on her face as she waves at the two.

An employee stands on a ladder replacing a flickering lightbulb when she enters the fluorescent-lit store. A horror movie is playing somewhere, though Willa can't place the exact vicinity the distant screams are coming from. The employee greets her over his shoulder with a hello and DVDs are four for twenty before he resumes his work fixing the light.

The sound of the horror movie playing in the background puts Willa in the mood to watch one as wellーeven though her life could now be considered a sucky horror movie, she's still a sucker for the Hollywood-produced ones.

She's standing in the horror section trying to decide between the new Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, or Insidious that she never got to see in theaters but heard great things about when the door chimes at the front of the store.

Willa makes the bold decision to grab all three movies and just decide when she returns home which she's in the mood for. She nearly runs straight into Jackson as she exits the horror aisle.

He merely glances her way before turning back to the seemingly completely empty store. "Can someone help me find The Notebook? Hello?" He calls.

Willa frowns as she notices the ladder now stands abandoned in the middle of the store underneath the still-flickering light. She turns back to Jackson, "There was a guy fixing the light when I walked in, but he must have gone to the back or something. If I had to take a guess, though, it would either be in the drama or romance sections."

Jackson nods before glancing down at the movies in her hands. He raises a brow in a silent question.

Willa shrugs, "Got the house to myself tonight, I'm going all out."

Jackson says nothing in return, he just goes back to scanning the store for the employee. Willa rolls her eyesーScott and Stiles were definitely right when they said he's a jackass.