fourteen

• ☽ • ☽ ︽ ☾ • ☾ •

Willa manages to dig a black t-shirt from the depths of Noah's closet and quickly hands it to Derek for him to change into before the two of them rejoin the two teens in Stiles' room.

As they walk through the door, Willa has to hold back a laugh at the look of disappointment that crosses Danny's face. He's in the midst of tracing the text, so Willa walks over to the bed to clean up the notes and things since they're more than likely not going to be studying this afternoon.

Once the folder of notes is stacked neatly on top of the two textbooks, she joins Derek's side in looming over the two boys and watching as Danny finishes up the trace.

"There," he says after a moment, sighing as he points to the screen. "Text was sent from a computer. This one."

Willa's breath catches in her throat. That can't be... that can't be right.

Derek must have the same thought because he asks Danny, "Registered to that account name?"

Danny looks around at the three of them but focuses on Willa for a moment longer than the other two. She realizes it's more than likely because she's stopped breathing and her face is no doubt drained of all its color.

Account registered to:
Beacon Hills Hospital - Melissa McCall

Willa's mind works in hyperdrive to try and come up with any possible explanation as to why her aunt's account would be the one sending a text from Scott's phone.

Before she can relay any of her theories out loud to Derek and Stiles, the latter's phone chimes with a text. Stiles takes one look at the screen and immediately thanks Danny for his service before ushering him toward the door. Willa scowls at the teen, wondering what in the world could be so important he'd just kick Danny out like this.

She offers to walk Danny out to his car, glaring over her shoulder at Stiles as the two leave the room. She catches the smallest glimpse of him throwing his hands up in disbelief before they round the doorframe.

"Sorry about him, he's... strange," she apologizes. Not the usual word she would use to describe Stiles, but Danny would probably think her strange should she use one of her regular go-to's. "Also, thank you for doing that for us. Just let me know what day works for you and I'll cancel all my plans to help you study some, okay?"

Danny laughs as he nudges her shoulder with his. "Don't worry about it, Will. I'm glad I could help, even if I am super confused as to why you acted the way you did at seeing who sent it. Melissa's your aunt, right? Scott's mom?"

"Yeah, she is, I just... wasn't expecting it to be sent from her account. I'm hoping there's a logical explanation to it."

As they approach the front door, Willa smiles gratefully up at him and thanks him one more time. As he leans in to hug her goodbye, he murmurs, "Oh, and by the way? Great job. You are so lucky, babe."

It takes her a moment, but when it registers that he's talking about Miguel, her mouth drops open in surprise. "Danny!" she exclaims, shoving his shoulder before burying her face in her hands.

"Sorry to like... ogle your boyfriend, but..."

"He's such a pretty boy, isn't he?"

Danny groans as he readjusts his grip on his bookbag, "So pretty! It's just not fair."

Willa giggles, but quickly sobers up as she remembers the so-called pretty boy has supernatural hearing and has more than likely heard every single word they've said thus far. She should also get back upstairs to see what the text was that had Stiles so shaken.