Chapter 4

Avery cries until she calms herself down. It's already 11:08 AM. She wonders if Mason had already left.

She walks downstairs hoping he already left, not in the mood to see him again. But no, there he was, in the kitchen, eating whatever he could find. He even uses the last coffee beans that Avery wanted to use because she really needs a coffee right now.

"Why are you still here?" her voice quiet and soft but still a little shaky from just crying.

"I kind of wanted to apologize, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I mean, I didn't know you liked me" He casually said while shrugging and took another sip of his coffee. "Plusss..."

"What is it?"

"My friends kinda said it would be funny to ask you out for Valentine's Day"

"And you had to listen to them?! God, I never knew you were such a people pleaser! You could've said no. Do you know how much it hurt to hear that? I really liked you, you know. But now..." she pauses to think, "I don't think I can still admire you like that after this"

"I know and I'm sorry, there isn't really a valid explanation for this" He says with regret of ruining their friendship. He continues, "Even though I don't like you, it was wrong to say those stuff. I guess I was still in that witty mood and couldn't act like a normal person." He adds, "I'm sorry."

"I still wanted the flowers" Avery responds with a pout sarcastically.

"Can I make it up to you and buy you a new bouquet?" He spoke while offering her his elbow to wrap her arm around. She giggles at his gentleman-like action and accepts his offer by putting her arm around his.

"You may, Sir Redmond" she replies, laughing.

They enter Mason's car, a grey 2022 Audi A4. Avery likes the car, it's nice and comfortable and nothing too flashy. The road to the flower shop is silent and short.

They arrive at the shop and Mason turns off the engine. They both exit the car and make their way into the flower shop.

There's flowers everywhere. Avery doesn't even know which one to choose! "Hey Avery, did you find anything you like yet?"

"There's so many I don't even know!"

"Do you like this one?" He hands a bouquet of pink roses with a few white peonies and eucalyptus to her. Who knew he had such good taste in flowers?

"Wow! These are beautiful!"

"Let's buy them?"

"Yeah."

He gives the bouquet to the cashier so he can buy the flowers for her. "It's twenty-four ninety-nine." The cashier says casually, but there was no way Avery is letting Mason pay that much for just some flowers.

"Are you sure you want to buy it? I don't want you to waste twenty-five bucks on flowers just to satisfy me." Avery says as Mason pays no attention, slipping out a twenty dollar bill along with a five dollar bill from his wallet and pays the cashier.

"Yes I'm sure" He responds, exiting the store. He opens the car door for her and gives her the bouquet. He goes around the car to get in the drivers seat and turns on the engine. "Let's go to my house?"

"Yeah sure, my house is locked so it's fine"

The ride to his house is about ten minutes long. They just sit and listen to whatever is playing on the radio the whole ride.

Once they arrive to Mason's house, Mason announces, "My friend just texted saying I left something at his house, I have to go pick it up so I'm dropping you off at my house, Jordan's home so he'll open the door for you. I'll be back in around fifteen minutes, okay?"

"Okay, see you then." Avery gets out of the car and takes the bouquet with her. She makes her way to the front door and rings the doorbell.

The door opens and she is greeted by a tall man who's about six foot two and has the same grey eyes as Mason but more intimidating and attractive for some reason. He has hair darker than Mason's, a dark brown shade. Mason's hair is just brown. This man also has a nice jaw and perfectly sized muscles that let you know that he works out. This beautiful male has to be Jordan, Mason's older brother.