Chapter 9

The two stop to get tickets at the booth. The person behind the glass asks, "How many tickets?"

Jordan turns and looks down to ask Avery, "How many do you think we'll need? Does twenty-five sound fine?"

"Yeah."

"Let's do twenty-five tickets." Jordan confirms.

"Twenty-five it is. That'll be twenty-nine ninety-nine." Jordan pulls out his card to pay and receives the tickets. He takes back his card, puts it into his wallet and takes Avery's hand.

"What do you want to go on first?"

Avery points him to the ferris wheel. They walk over and stand in line. They get closer and closer to the entrance where there is a girl, maybe a few years older than Avery, collecting tickets. She has medium length blonde hair but you could tell by her overgrown roots that she's naturally a brunette. She's short. Maybe about five foot two, and has a gold nose ring.

Avery notices her eyeing Jordan and starts to feel uncomfortable. They finally get to the entrance and the girl says in her innocent voice, "Two tickets per person." Jordan reaches for the tickets and hands her four of them. Her fingers brush against his as she takes the tickets, touching his hand for a little too long and slightly biting her lip.

Avery tightens her grip on Jordan's arm. Jordan notices that she's nervous, so he turns his head to face Avery and picks up her chin with his finger and kisses her, right in front of the girl. They mount the ferris wheel, hand in hand, while the girl watches jealously. They start to go up the ferris wheel and Avery mentions, "You know, we've kissed twice but still aren't dating. Isn't that funny?"

"Hm. Is that bothering you?"

"I dunno." They're approaching the top of the ferris wheel.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"I'd love to be your girlfriend."

"Good. So can I be your boyfriend?"

"Yes." Jordan leans over Avery and connects his lips with hers, just in time to kiss her at the highest point of the ferris wheel. They make out for a few more seconds until Avery pulls away to take a breath. Jordan places his hand on her waist and slides her closer to him, so she can rest her head on Jordan's shoulder.

They can't stop smiling for the rest of the ride. After the ferris wheel goes around a few more times, they get off. The girl gives them a nasty look and Avery, with her newfound confidence after becoming Jordan's girlfriend, gives her back a bitchy smile.

The two go on some more rides until they run out of tickets. "We only have two more left." Avery observes.

"Wanna get a snack? They have a booth with food and drinks over there." He says, nodding his head towards the left, where a small booth with rows of snacks and water lie.

They walk over and look at the snacks. Most cost two tickets. They know they're going to have to share.

"Let's split a brownie?"

"Sure." Jordan replies as Avery takes the tickets from Jordan's pocket. She pays the elderly woman behind the table with the tickets.

"You two are so cute. Take another. Don't worry about the tickets." The old lady insists.

"Thank you!" Avery exclaims as Jordan smiles back at the woman and takes another, opening up the wrapper and handing it to Avery. She smiles at Jordan then turns back to the lady and happily says, "Bye." They walk towards the parking lot as they eat their brownies.

"That was good." Jordan tells Avery.

"Mhm." She takes his wrapper and crumbles it up with hers. "Do you know where the trash is?"