Chapter 5

"Those for me?" The man that happens to be Jordan jokes, referring to the flowers being held in Avery's hand.

"Actually, they're mine but you can admire them all you want." Avery shows him the flowers.

"Just like you were admiring me, huh?" Jordan muttered, purposely still audible. Avery felt her cheeks heat up.

"No shit. You're hot as hell." Avery muttered back with a slight roll of her eyes, not paying attention to whether he heard it or not.

"Oh yeah? Wanna chill in my room while you wait for my brother? There's really nothing better to do right now." Jordan suggests.

"Why not?"

"C'mon" He places his hand in hers and takes her to his room. It's near the staircase, while Mason's is at the end of the hallway.

Avery walks into the room and takes the time to look around. The walls are a dark shade of grey and his bed is black. There's a big flat-screen TV mounted on the wall across from his bed. He has a gaming setup placed by the wall with the door to the bathroom and closet. His bathroom is minimalistic. Stand up shower, black and white marble countertops with a sink in the shape of a bowl. The toilet is modern, too.

"Wow, your room is so nice."

"Thanks."

"I don't see you that much anymore when I'm over, what are you up to?"

"I'm usually either out with my friends or gaming with them. And of course sleeping, being at the gym and just going places"

"What do you do with your friends?"

"Like I said, game."

"What about in person?"

"Gym, skate, random shit like that, you know?" He hesitates, "Smoke." He says shrugging  weakly.

"You smoke?"

"Shh," He puts his index finger on her lips, "You can't tell anyone, if my parents find out they would kill me!" He whisper-shouts.

"Bad boy," she sneers, "Is there anything else you're hiding from your parents?"

"You really think that's it? Because I'm hiding more than just that." He starts pulling down his sweatpants slowly.

"Woahhh, what are you doing!"

"Chill I'm not gonna flash you." He continues to pull down his sweatpants along with his boxers. And Avery sees it.

His tattoo. It's a snake wrapped around a dagger. It's a nice tattoo. "Wow, that's a nice tat."

"Yeah, I got it here so if I go to the beach or the pool with my family, they wouldn't be able to see it."

"Smart."

"I know," He continues, "So you and my brother are best friends right?"

"Yeah why?"

"Just curious."

"You know, he actually came this morning and got me flowers, and when I opened the door for him, he asked me to be his Valentine and he didn't know this but I actually had feelings for him and I got so excited but he just ended up throwing the flowers at me and laughing at me."

"Wow my brother really is a bitch, I could treat you way better than that." She blushes a little at his comment but knowing the fact that she and Mason are best friends, she has to defend him.

"Yeah but he's my best friend, and he already apologized."

"Well you seem to be on good terms now, so I'm not going to say that it's not something he should be forgiven for, but you do you."

"Thanks." She says appreciatively.

"So, about me treating you better than my brother and Valentine's Day, want to be my Valentine?" He smirks and continues, "Valentine's Day is tomorrow so I'm going to need the answer quick."

"Of course, plus it might get Mason jealous."

"Who cares about that? Let's just have fun."

"I guess you're right."

"I'll meet you at your house tomorrow at 3pm, be ready, also give me your number so I can reach you, send me your address, too."

"Sure." Avery puts her number in his phone and texts him her address on her phone.

"You should probably get going, I'm sure Mason is here by now." Jordan suggests.

"Yeah but I think you might've forgotten something." Avery hints, hoping he knows what she's referring to. Mason's footsteps are already becoming audible.

"Oh yeah?" Jordan leans in and grabs the back of her head with his left hand, he uses his unoccupied hand to cup her face. Avery responds by connecting their lips to form a kiss. She rests her hands around his neck as the kiss shifts from a playful kiss to a passionate kiss.

Little do they know, Mason is standing by the door that they forgot to close, witnessing the whole kiss.