Chapter 6

They both pull away from the kiss. Avery turns around to exit Jordan's room, but she sees Mason, right there, standing still with a stunned expression plastered on his face.

"You saw all that...?" Avery asked with embarrassment. She had just kissed her best friend's older brother.

"Yeah I saw that! I didn't like you so you moved on to my own BROTHER?"

"Mason, chill out. If anything it was me. It wouldn't have happened if I didn't invite her to my room. I could've just left her to wait for you on the couch." Jordan says defensively.

"What the fuck, bro?"

"Guys! Stop!" Avery tries to settle things down, "Just forget about it, whatever happened, happened and that's it."

"Yeah listen to her! Also, if you don't want her, what's wrong with me taking her?" Jordan adds in.

"She's my best friend."

"Okay? She's not your girlfriend, you already passed on that opportunity."

"Guys..." Avery tries to break up the fighting. It only makes her more uncomfortable that they're fighting over her. The boys just keep on rambling.

"She's nobody's girlfriend and that's why you two have to stop doing whatever that was!" Mason attempts to defend himself.

"Aww, does my brother like Averyyy?" Jordan teases in a sing-song voice.

"No! Like you already said, I passed on that opportunity."

"So? You can always have feelings after you reject her, just because you didn't have them then, doesn't mean that you can't have them now."

"You're just talking bullshit!"

"In denial, now?"

"Fine, maybe you're right."

What. Did. He. Just. Say.

So he likes her now, when she's already hanging out with Jordan, and not earlier when he could ask any time and with no doubt she would be more than happy to be his girlfriend?

"Yeahh, you did seem pretty jealous."

"Shut up."

"Yeah yeah, we all know you like her."

"Maybe it was wrong to do that 'prank'..."

"Maybe?"

"Fine. It was wrong."

"You ruined it for yourself, dude. Tough luck."

"What? You're seriously still trying to get her after you made me confess to all that?"

"Yeah, if you want her you've got to work for it. She wants me now." At this point Avery had already left. She's going home now because she can't handle these two bickering brothers.

Mason pulls his phone out from his pocket and dials Avery's number. It takes a few rings for her to pick up. "Hey Avery, do you mind if we have a sleepover tonight? I can come to your house since you're already on your way home. I can even pick you up from wherever you are since I have a car."

"Yeah sure I guess I'm two blocks from your house. I'll wait here."Avery agrees still not knowing if she still likes Mason, knowing what he did. The kiss between Jordan and her is making her question her feelings towards both of them. Hopefully, this sleepover with Mason might clear up how she feels about him.