Chapter 7

Mason grabs his keys to his car and his house and he exits his residence. He locks the front door and walks up to his car to unlock it. He gets into the drivers seat and pulls out his phone to call Avery.

"Hey, where exactly are you?"

"Make a left out of your driveway, drive a block down make a right and drive straight until you see me by the plaza."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

"I'll wait here for you."

"Bye."

Mason hangs up and starts the engine. He turns the radio on and leaves it on on low volume. He drives out of the driveway and makes a left turn and continues to drive straight until a block passes and he has to turn right, just like Avery told him.

He speeds up to reach 30MPH since he has to drive straight a few more blocks to get to the plaza, where Avery is.

He spots Avery and honks two times to let her know he's here. Avery picks her head up from her phone and makes her way to the passenger's seat of Mason's Audi.

"Can we actually make a stop for some coffee?" Avery suggests as she buckles the seatbelt.

"Yeah, sure. Starbucks is on the way"

They drive for around 2 minutes until they reach Starbucks. Mason parks the car and locks it. Avery drags Mason by the arm until they're in the Starbucks café.

Avery sticks her hand out, "Give me your wallet, you owe me for finishing all the coffee at my house." Mason rolls his eyes and obediently reaches into his pocket to take out his wallet and places it in the palm of her hand, following her demand.

They wait in line until it's their turn to order. "Hi, can I get the Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?" She hands the barista behind the counter Mason's credit card, "Want anything?" Avery asks Mason.

"No thanks. I had coffee at your house, remember?"

"Yeah, that's why you're bringing me here and paying for my drink."

The barista hands the card back to Avery. She puts it back in Mason's wallet and gives the wallet back to him. They walk to the part of the counter they have to pick up the drink at and wait until the drink Avery ordered is placed on the counter.

Avery picks up her coffee from the counter and walks back to the car with Mason. It's a short drive from Starbucks to her house.

They arrive at Avery's house. Avery unlocks the front door and goes inside her house, Mason following her inside.

Avery takes a glance at Mason and for some strange reason she starts comparing him to Jordan. She compares their hair, Mason's being lighter than Jordan's hair. Their eyes, Jordan's being sharper and more captivating. Their body structures, Jordan being more fit.

"Avery! Are you listening?"

"Huh? Oh. Uhm..."

"Did you hear what I asked you?"

"Uh, no. Can you repeat that?"

"Where do you want me to sleep?"

"You can sleep in the guest room."

"Okay."

"Unless you want to sleep on the floor in my room, I don't think my family would want someone sleeping in their rooms."

"Can't we share your bed? You have enough room, we've shared beds before."

"Hm. I don't know. I don't really know if I want to sleep next to you yet after what you did."