1 - EDIFICE OF MY WORLD VIEW

(Song for the Chapter above 👆🏼)

• • • • • • •

"En garde. Prêtes. Allez."

Violet launched forward, her heart racing. She willed her beating heart to be calm. She focused on her movements as she advanced. This was a game of strategy. Her mind needed to be focused.

Dear GOD, please help me, she prayed quietly within. She tried to also focus on the beings that always radiated light.

She held her sword and tried to defend against her opponent's attacks to corner her. This was her last match in the championship.

But, something felt different—not wrong, just different.

She glanced around at where they always positioned themselves during her matches—the angels. They only stood there quietly. She had seen that stance before.

But, when?

In the heat of the game, she could not recall.

Violet spun around in a circle. There were hostile spirits around, but no, there was no attack—

"En garde." the referee called out.

Okay, Violet. She pulled her helmet back on. One more point to win.

They were at a tie—she and her opponent. After a moment of trying to get back to the mid-point, she finally saw her advantage, launched forward at tough speed, and reaching out beyond her limits, she struck. The light went on. It had been a simultaneous attack.

Violet's heart beat rapidly as she waited for the announcement. Her heart beat even faster.

Who would get the point? Did I fail?

The referee stretched his right arm out extensively, then the left, and finally, the right palm up, to finally announce her victory as a point was added to her name.