18 - WHAT SCARS ARE FOR

Songs for the Chapter: BLESSINGS, by Laura Story and YOU'RE STILL GOD, by Philippa Hanna

(Kindly feel free to listen to Blessings and the other songs—especially the one posted way below, please 🙏🏻🙂)

•••••••••••••

"...And fix my eyes upon YOU, JESUS;
FOR YOU ARE GOD, and I am not..."

~ Philippa Hanna

•••••••••••••

•••••••••••••

Violet had never given thought to what marriage would be like—given her age

Violet had never given thought to what marriage would be like—given her age. But, being wedded to Mr Icy himself, she realised was going to be the greatest trial of her faith.

He barely said a word to her after their wedding. And they shared separate rooms—which was fine by her, she had to admit.

Yet, whenever she awoke from her nightmares of that night and found herself covered in sweat and tears, she could not help but ask GOD why.

"Is there any purpose in something as ugly as this?" She moaned in her grief one night. She felt so lonely... and bereft of joy.

"LORD..." she whimpered. "Can any good come of these scars?"

Then, with a vehement heat of Love she could never have thought possible nor could comprehend, she heard HIM whisper softly. Yet, the flame that kindled in her soul at the sound of HIS Voice was unquenchable.

"Look at MINE," compassion etched in each tone and timbre, HE showed her HIS scars.

HIS radiant Selfless-Love beamed out of every inch of the scars that her SAVIOUR had borne to purchase mankind's Salvation—her Salvation.

"What about MINE, Beloved?" And HE smiled with such a sweetness it made all the bitterness fade away. By just looking at HIM, a balm of healing poured into her wounded soul.