2 - UNCHARTED TERRITORY

Song for the Chapter: Lead Me Back by Morgan Harper Nichols

••••••••••

No matter how grey the sky seems, remember; the sun always shines at the end of the storm.

••••••••••

THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

Violet felt a sense of loneliness as she stood in her new bedroom

Violet felt a sense of loneliness as she stood in her new bedroom. It was comfortable, yes. But, it could never be what she once had.

She still couldn't push away the feeling of being denuded of her old home—and most especially, her brother.

She recalled the conversation she had with her brother before they had left for the Ferrari's Villa.

~

"Vee, everything is going to be okay, alright?" Her brother had said in his ever-soothing tone. "This is just but for a moment. Soon, God willing, we will be together again."

He had patted the top of her head and ruffled her dark hair playfully.

That brought a smile to her face. She knew her brother didn't want to let her go. But under the circumstances, he had no other option.

"Alright," she responded softly.

"Promise me you will try your best to be cheerful every day. And don't forget, they only know we are somehow related, but, not directly as siblings." He looked her directly in the eyes, his brown eyes ever so tender and soft.

"I know, who would think we are siblings? The beauty gap is huge," she tried to joke.

"And who is at the bottom?" he joined in.

She sobered and swallowed, giving a faint nod, "I promise."

"And also remember, even if I'm not there—GOD is with you wherever you go."

~

"So, this is will be room for now. You will be expected to help out here and there in the kitchen and with house maintenance when you return from school," the main housekeeper pointed out.