7 - PATIENCE OF JOB

Song for the Chapter: He Shall Be Like A Tree, JayMikee

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"You have nine siblings!?" Violet asked, incredulous

"You have nine siblings!?" Violet asked, incredulous. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Yep. Story of my life. I'm surprised another isn't on the way yet," Alex remarked in a jovial tone.

Violet was presently having lunch with Alex, her newfound friend, at the field bleachers. He had helped her in the hallway when Alessandro had shoved her.

They both agreed it was way better than the caste arrangement in the main cafeteria. Apart from sharing the same faith, they were kindred spirits, they had soon discovered.

"You should visit us sometime," Alex concluded.

"Are you sure there will be room for me at the table," she replied teasingly.

He laughed.

"We have had to expand our home more times than I can count. But sure, my parents always want more company. As though ten children aren't enough."

It was Violet's turn to chuckle. As their lunch break was almost over, they disposed of what they couldn't finish and entered the hallway.

"So, you transferred here after that?" Alex asked.

She had told him of her fencing being brought to a halt due to her injury. She had seen the sincerity in his eyes when he heard about it.

As they parted ways to get to their various classes, Violet noticed Fiona, the class president, approaching her.

She was tall and slender, a pretty brunette with the softest voice Violet had ever heard—though she had only heard her speak a few times.

Nonetheless, she was known for having a temper when irritated.

It must be quite a sight if I have heard of it this quickly.

Violet made a mental note to try not to inflame that trait.