Chapter 7 - Ravaging Rocket Rumors

A few weeks later, everyone was ready to head out on their adventure. Hayami had finished making their clothes, Kishi and FIRECRACKER had finished packing all of their things, Tomo and Zenirtle got cooking equipment, and Ruki and KUMO had brought some equipment just in case they had to sleep in the outside world. They all then head toward the Professor's lab so the 3 starters can say their goodbyes to the original trainer. "Charmander Char! (We won't forget you!)", FIRECRACKER stated. "Bulba Bulb! (Make sure you call us!)", KUMO states while crying. "squirtle squirt! (Please be safe!)", Zenirtle also states while crying. "Oh... I'll miss you guys too! Make sure you listen to your new trainers ok?", Prof. Oak replied.

Prof. Oak tells the starters to go play in the backyard as he then turns toward Hayami, Ruki, Kishi, and Tomo, and gives them some information to help with their adventure. "So here's what you need to know: First, to catch a Pokemon, you will need to weaken it 1st, then you throw an empty Pokeball at it. I actually have some for you guys anyways! They are in the package that Kishi brought me last night. Second, you're going to need an ID to be allowed in the Pokemon League, so I decided to make you guys' ID for you...except for the profile picture- You guys can do that yourselves- Third, you also need to collect all 8 gym badges to qualify as well, the closest gym from here is in Pewter City. And finally, listen very carefully because this is the most important thing you need to remember: There have been rumors that a sinister team called Team Rocket returned, so if you ever see them, call the closest Officer Jenny nearby. Okay?".

"Well...", Kishi confusingly states, "That's a lot to remember-". "Wait a minute-", Tomo interrupts, "You mean THE Team Rocket!? The ones that slaughtered a Pokemon!? The ones that were distributing Pokemon as prizes!?". "Yea and weren't they defeated by the legend himself, Red?", Hayami asks, "If so, why are they back?". "Gotta love how 2 of us only care about the fact that the evil organization is back in action- Why are y'all scared of them anyway? If they lost to a 10-year-old kid, they obviously aren't a threat to society. I will admit though- That incident with that Pokemon is messed up on so many levels", Ruki states. Kishi replies with, "I'm gonna have to agree with Ruki on this one, also if we do encounter them, I'm sure we can defeat them! And if we can't... then we can get Officer Jenny". "Well whatever they do, I'm sure they will be stopped in time!", Prof. Oak states, "Now then! Let me grab your Pokeballs and PokeDex!".

Everyone looked at the Professor with a confused look on their face and asked, "What's a PokeDex???". Prof. Oak replies with, "A PokeDex is an encyclopedia that I made to gather information about Pokemon, I usually research Pokemon and Human Relationships, so I made this device! I had another completed one, but I accidentally lost all of that data while deleting some files". "Ayo? What kind of files?", Kishi jokingly states. "Very important files, Kishi...", the Professor replies, "Anyways! I, unfortunately, have 2 PokeDexs', so only 2 of you can have 1-". "Well", Tomo replied, "I do have my book with a ton of information about Pokemon, and Kishi has his Pokemon cards, so you can give them to Hayami and Ruki". "I can work with that!", Ruki replies. Prof. Oak then gives the PokeDexs and Pokeballs to the group as they grab their starters and say their goodbyes to the Professor.

As the group then leaves the lab, 2 people hiding in Prof. Oak's backyard begin to have a conversation. "Well...well...well... Looks like we're famous! What should we do?", a male voice states. A female voice replies with, "We'll lay low for now.. But we're gonna follow those kids'...".